New Pvr at least?....(or virgin med)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Im looking for a new pvr, can anyone help?

I used to use an older twin tuner Humax pvr, which was good. I upgraded to a Sony Pvr recently, but cant get used to it. Can anyone suggest a good high spec pvr?...

I was wondering about the...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=228053&C=Froogle&U=228053&T=Module

Was wondering what the interface was like, compaired to the older models. Fear it hasnt changed much tho, but will be the easiest to use...

dave

daveh75

I have a 9300T, and it's easy to use and has been reliable-overall an excellent piece of kit.

However, with Freeview HD just round the corner(for 50% of the country) i'd personally hold off to see what the HD STB offerings are like!

A

Anonymous

im looking at virgin broadband and tv? anyone got any opinions?

A

Anonymous

Virgin, = no hd channels, and they cap your broadband, so if you like to watch on demand and you pay for say 10mb, they will drop you to 2mb if you watch too much, the reason I left.

I am so so happy with sky, 70.00 all in for max everything hd pack and movies. constant 13mb

The only thing I liked about virgin is the triple tv tuner, record 2, watch 1, but sky is only 1 and 1, but oh well.

A

Anonymous

I spoke to Virgin today and they offered me this...

Recordable hd box

Defo minimum of 10mb speed (???????????)

free wkend calls

£34 a month on a 12 month contract

I asked if they would cut my speed if i downloaded to much, and they said they never cut speeds, unlimited downloads allowed.

Any opinions from virgin users.....

dav1967

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Been with Telewest/Virgin for years and I have XL tv with HD V+ box, 10mb broadband (no download cap) and unlimited calls for £48 a month.

Now that we have been given some HD channels (and hopefully more to come in the future), I am very happy with this service.

Looked into moving to Sky some time ago, but knew that my broadband speed would drop to about 3mb (spoked to BT about what speed I could expect- too far from exchange), so decided to stay with Virgin.

Messiah

I too use Virgin and am very happy with the service.

As has been stated, the V+ has 3 tuners so that you can record 2 channels whilst watching another. I also find the quality of the picture on both SD and HD material to be excellent. Obviously HD channels are limited compared to Sky. However, the OnDemand service is also very good and there are various HD films/programmes on there.

As for the Broadband, I have no issues with this. Certainly no limit that I have noticed.

A

Anonymous

My bb speed at the min with talk talk is 2mb at the moment.

Think im going to take the plunge!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
reggaedave:im looking at virgin broadband and tv? anyone got any opinions?

Broadband is good (I'm not aware of any cap on my XL package), but HD channels can't compete with those on Sky+ HD. Recent experience of Virgin customer service not too hot either.

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Go for it reggaedave,Ive had virgins landline/internet for 5 years,now on 50meg and wowsers,so good for online gaming,streaming hd content/movies.I did have the v+ box bad had a very bad time with it,box kept freezing up,on demand never worked,so went back to sky and had a sky+hd box.but virgins landline and internet is second to none,but other people on hear have the v+ box with no problems.

A

Anonymous

Virgin users...

Am i right in thinking that my Vigrin Tv, Broadband, and phone line will come via the cable they run in from the street?

e.g the bt phone socket on the wall, for the phone, will be redundant?

I just dont know what the setup will be when they come to install it???

please help !

cheers,dave

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Yes and no. It will come via the cable, but they will wire it into your current master phone socket, so the phone sockets do not change.

daveh75

hammill:but they will wire it into your current master phone socket, so the phone sockets do not change.They shouldn't do!!!

By law they are supposed to fit their own master socket and not touch BT's

They can make connections to any existing extentions/wiring because that belongs to the customer,

A

Anonymous

can anyone comment on what benefits ill get by plugging my v+ box into my modem by a cat 5 (internet connection).....?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts