new panasonic plasma, th46pz85 or th50pz80

A

Anonymous

Apart from perhaps being a nicer looking tv, the two main upgrades on the PZ85 over the PZ80 probably aren't worth it.

The BBE ViVA surround sound effect doesn't make much of a difference and the Intelligent Frame Creation, as with similar 100Hz technologies on LCD tv's, is normally best left switched off.

If you can handle the bigger size, the TH50PZ80 is realistically the better bet.

A

Anonymous

what about the 46pz81 or is this just the same with the freesat?

A

Anonymous

hi, go for the panny th50pz80, picture is superb and i upgraded from a pioneer 43 inch plasma.i was suprised how good the picture is, sound and vision are doing them for £1199 including 5 year warranty and free delivery.

A

Anonymous

sjared10:what about the 46pz81 or is this just the same with the freesat?

The PZ81 is mainly about the Freesat tuner built in. It does have a few extra enhancements over the PZ80 but nothing that's going to improve your enjoyment on an everyday basis.

A

Anonymous

alsina:

sjared10:what about the 46pz81 or is this just the same with the freesat?

The PZ81 is mainly about the Freesat tuner built in. It does have a few extra enhancements over the PZ80 but nothing that's going to improve your enjoyment on an everyday basis.
Z81 has Picture-in-picture which is worth having, and optical audio out which is also handy, and IFC. Plus if you have a HD camcorder it plays video off the SD card. But the PQ is really the same as the Z80

A

Anonymous

Picture-in-picture has its uses, but unless you're watching certain freesat programs, the optical audio out only carries the same stereo signal as the standard phono audio out. Also, if you've seen IFC in action, you might not think it such a useful feature, the plasma screen not really needing this kind of enhancement in the same way as some LCD's do. The playback of HD camcorder footage via the SD card slot is undoubtedly handy if you have an HD camera.

A

Anonymous

I went for pz85 as it was the same price as the 80 £1150
brilliant tv by the way!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts