New Members Required

BEDROCK

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have seen over recent weeks and months the sheer lack of activity on the board.

I am a newish member and have posted numerous threads which have gone unanswered so am wonderng what the deal is.

Maybe there should be more emphasis on conversation pieces instead of advertising products!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BEDROCK said:
Well, I have seen over recent weeks and months the sheer lack of activity on the board.

Sheer lack? Hardly, it's a little quiet compared to the noisiest periods but it isn't that bad.

I am a newish member and have posted numerous threads which have gone unanswered so am wonderng what the deal is.

What are you talking about? I've just searched for your name and every thread on the first page of the results has at least 1 reply, most of them have several, what's the problem?

Maybe there should be more emphasis on conversation pieces instead of advertising products!

There is no advertising on the forum. Unless you think people talking about hi-fi products is advertising?

D

Deleted member 2457

To be honest I doubt it will get much better than this now.
smiley-smile.gif

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately there are some members on the "sensitive" side, who rather ironically feel they should be able to ethnically cleanse all those other members whose views they disagree with.

Imagine Pol Pot very short of money..........

John Duncan

cloverleaf146 said:
Unfortunately there are some members on the "sensitive" side, who rather ironically feel they should be able to ethnically cleanse all those other members whose views they disagree with.

Imagine Pol Pot very short of money..........

Without a Pol Pot to EDITED in, you mean?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
cloverleaf146 said:

You mean like jjbomber who ran off because someone said something uncomplimentary about Margaret?

A

Anonymous

The_Lhc said:
cloverleaf146 said:

You mean like jjbomber who ran off because someone said something uncomplimentary about Margaret?

I would count that more as a dignified withdrawal.

What he didn't do, to the best of my knowledge, was to publicly call for named members to be banned or he would threaten to leave.

[Edited by mods - please do not insult other members, or use profanity]

D

Deleted member 2457

cloverleaf146 said:
The_Lhc said:
cloverleaf146 said:

What he didn't do, to the best of my knowledge, was to publicly call for named members to be banned or he would threaten to leave.

Who are you talking about other than BBB? Ben or Strapped?

A

Anonymous

gel said:
cloverleaf146 said:
The_Lhc said:
cloverleaf146 said:

Who are you talking about other than BBB? Ben or Strapped?

[edited by mods - again, for insulting other members and profanity. Please can everyone - and we mean everyone - calm down. Thanks! This is hardly the way to encourage new members...]

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

BBB, I surmise you're not the kind of bloke to fish for compliments and niceties but you've got to stay here. You've got musical taste*, my friend.

* as in, some of it co-incides with mine!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts