Mission MX3 and MX5 Tweeters Required

Lenny0018

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Having a nightmare, bought a new pair of Mission MX3s to go with my NAD c340, blew the tweeters within a few weeks. I thought it was to do with my Amp as I didn't really go mad on them and it was quite old so as I couldn't find any replacement parts I seen my bottom a bit & splashed out on a brand new Yamaha AS-501 and a pair of Mission MX-5s, had these a few months & one of the tweeters has already gone, again I have not really hammered them, but surely they should be able to take some stick at the price?!

I am playing my music via an AUX connection from a PC sound card and my friend has suggested that the issue maybe the signal is not clear from the card & that could need replacing, but before I even go down that route can anyone help me find 3x replacement tweeters 2x for the pair of MX-3s and 1x for the MX5 thats blown? The model on the back of the tweeter is Mission 'HF-M130' Tweeter? Or suggest anything I can use that is the same as I am having a nightmare and get no response from contacting Mission directly numerous times.

Thanks for any help.

philpot1001

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Cant you get them done under Warranty?

EDIT - just noticed you tried to contact Mission......what about the shop where you bought them from?

Lenny0018

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I could try warranty with where I bought them but thinking they would just blame the equipment as reads situations like this wouldn't be covered, bought through super-fi, but says warrenty is direct with manufacturer :(

If I could find parts, even through the manufacturer it would be easier than sending them back as they are not small Haha

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Superfi are pretty good I'd suggest you try them.

Explain your response from Mission - they may contact them on your behalf.

I know when my mid range driver in one channel on my Missions died a couple years after ownership - bought from Superfi - they ordered me a pair of drivers and fitted them for free.

There was a known problem with this particular speaker range though.

But definitely try them. Especially as the speakers are less than 12months old

matthewpiano

Superfi are usually good, so I would get in touch with them. The warranty might be a manufacturer's warranty, but your contract is with the retailer and they are the first port of call.

Having said that, the quality control on IAG's speakers isn't what it needs to be in my experience. I bought a pair of MX2s earlier in the year and they were so poorly finished I sent them back (and Superfi refunded them). Previously I've had Wharfedale Diamond 10.4 floorstanders on which the aluminiun rings around the outside of the drive units started coming away very early in the equipment's life, and Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s with poor quality finish.

I've also found IAG to be lacking in responding to customer contact. For a time I had a pair of Castle Knight 1 speakers. I liked some aspects of them very much but they weren't quite the all-rounder I wanted. As Castle were showing a wider range on their website than UK dealers were advertising, I contacted them to find out whether any further models were planned for UK distribution and I received no reply. Not even a 'thank you, we have no plans for Castle in the UK at present, but you might want to look at our other brands - Mission, Wharfedale, and Quad'.

Lenny0018

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the advice, Super-Fi have picked up the broken MX5 and have advised they will look to repair / replace, so lets see what happens.

Now to look at what caused the issue as to go through a pair of MX3s and MX5s in a matter of months, both same issue tweeters going is not good?

As I say I have a brand new Yammaha AS-501, but run the music via my PC sound card using an Aux cable, do you think this could be the issue? What could cause the tweeters to keep going, as I say I didn't really hammer them too much but shouldn't I be able to anyway for the setup I have? Or do Missions just not like me haha

Edbo2

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Legally the contract is with the retailer from whom you bought the speakers from NOT the manufacturer. Go back to Superfi and claim your consumer rights

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts