Mission FS2-S Clicking

BrainPhrozen

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
I brought a second hand subwoofer to complete my surround system as the speakers are all Mission and the subwoofer makes a clicking sound whch is slightly worrying. Does anyone know what this is and does it mean I got a dud :(

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
Had a quick look out of passing interest as I've had a sub that would go in and out of idle mode making a click but it seems it's a fault when with that particular model.
The same problem is mentioned on the "av forum"

"have the speaker system from the title and it has performed admirably since i bought it probably 12 years ago!
Sadly the sub woofer has possibly been overdone during the latest Transformers BluRay and clips at the deep end and also makes a clicking sound at random times even when idle. Clicking ceases following an on/off but will return at some point later"

Dom

10m Rca audio cable going into a Denon AVR-1802
  1. Use a Shorter Cable: Test the subwoofer with a shorter RCA cable to see if the clicking persists. If the clicking disappears, it's likely the longer cable is the culprit.
  2. Check Cable Quality: Ensure that the RCA cable is of high quality and not damaged. Consider using a shielded cable to minimize interference.
  3. Inspect Connections: Make sure that all connections are secure and properly seated. Loose connections can introduce noise.
  4. Try Different Ports: If the amplifier has multiple RCA input ports, try using a different port to see if the issue persists.
  5. Address Grounding Issues: Ensure that both the subwoofer and the amplifier are properly grounded. If there's a grounding issue, it can lead to unwanted noise.

BrainPhrozen

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
  1. Use a Shorter Cable: Test the subwoofer with a shorter RCA cable to see if the clicking persists. If the clicking disappears, it's likely the longer cable is the culprit.
  2. Check Cable Quality: Ensure that the RCA cable is of high quality and not damaged. Consider using a shielded cable to minimize interference.
  3. Inspect Connections: Make sure that all connections are secure and properly seated. Loose connections can introduce noise.
  4. Try Different Ports: If the amplifier has multiple RCA input ports, try using a different port to see if the issue persists.
  5. Address Grounding Issues: Ensure that both the subwoofer and the amplifier are properly grounded. If there's a grounding issue, it can lead to unwanted noise.
Cheers I will try that. Would be such a shame if it was on it's way out. £70 out of pocket.

BrainPhrozen

Jan 13, 2024
Visit site
Yes it was from cash Converters. I will also speak to Mission as I would try and get it repaired. New mission subwoofer is quite expensive for my blood at the moment :)

TRENDING THREADS