New magazine (Dec) gives me more options.....

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Still looking at my options for my speaker upgrade.....

I see the new mag has reviewed the Tannoy Revolution Compact 5.1 system flavourably.(Not giving too much away, I hope?)

I have a couple of questions though:

1) Would replacing the front DC4's for DC4T's be a worth while improvement to the 5.1 and stereo experience?

2) Would the Signature floorstanders work well with the centre and rear on this package?

3) When you are reviewing these systems for stereo use too, do you use a 2.1 set up, or just the front two speakers?

Slowly getting a list of speakers to find a shop and demo.....but I'm limited to a centre speaker under 44cm wide, unless I end up mounting my plasma on the metal stud wall[:O], then any centre size will do......list so far:

1) Monitor Audio BX5 5.1(Centre speaker too big, unless I mount plasma)

2) Tannoy Revolution ...as above.(preferably with floorstanders at the front.)

3) Quad 21L2 and L2 set up.

5) Mordaunt Short Aviano 6/5 etc... (If mounting plasma)

6) B&W 684 theatre package.....which might be too much for my 14'x12' room?

I assume all the above will be a worth while step up from my beloved Q Acoustic speakers?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Wow, this must be a record....126 people viewing a page, with no comment/replies....
emotion-7.gif

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
i have one thread with about 106 veiws no coment

im a big fan of ms but i havent heard the avanos.sorry i cant be of help
emotion-2.gif

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Thinking about it, bets add the KEF Q500, and Q200 centre to that list, were I to blow the budget on the B&W 684 speaker package......

Was very impressed with the Q500/Q700 at the Manchester Show recently.....and they look great too.

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
The 684 package will be too much for your room. I think the 685 package, or any standmounter set, would be better.
But if you would really insist on the 684, try to demo them in your own room.

A

Anonymous

I have got the Quad 22L2 on the front, 11L on the rear and L Centre. They sound great together going through my Pioneer 2011 amp for movies but music is a little strained in the mid range. The speaker set up is brilliant with bass so low I don't feel the need for a sub. However my priority is more music so the centre and rears are being sold along with the amp as I move to the dark side of stereo.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
kevinJ:

The 684 package will be too much for your room. I think the 685 package, or any standmounter set, would be better.
But if you would really insist on the 684, try to demo them in your own room.

Yes, I thought that as well......

Standmounting isn't an option when I have a 46KG germanshepherd with a fast moving tail around the place....

So if I went for the Tannoy idea, I'd have to create a plinth out od MDF to help stablise them better, having such a small 'footprint'.......

What about the KEF Q500 and Q200 idea........

Then I could add the KEF 3001 SE Eggs at the back as the rear speakers are located on the wall at each end of the couch........

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
groberton:

I have got the Quad 22L2 on the front, 11L on the rear and L Centre. They sound great together going through my Pioneer 2011 amp for movies but music is a little strained in the mid range. The speaker set up is brilliant with bass so low I don't feel the need for a sub. However my priority is more music so the centre and rears are being sold along with the amp as I move to the dark side of stereo.

So the Quad 21L2 on their own are quite good then?

I notice you only have the Lcentre....did the L2 improve the original L by much?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts