New KEF Reference

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My 205/2s have an attention to detail through all aspects of the product, that gives the reassurance of a well thought out, quality product. They come with a properly detailed manual, a lovely wooden box to house the accessories and even an individual response chart, on parchment paper and signed by the person who built them.

Now I know that you can quite rightly argue that the new range has every penny put towards the thing that matters most ie. the sound quality...but I can't help feeling that it's a shame that this aspect of "Reference Ownership" has mostly been dropped.

I haven't heard them yet, so it's quite possible that I will have a change of heart when this happens.

ErikM

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Damn.. I was really interested in what you think of them.. I've got my eye on a set of the Reference 3 as a possible upgrade to my Proac D30R.. I'll be driving them with a Devialet 200.. Which I think will be a better match than the Proac's..

And to those that are saying they're over priced, here in the US pretty much all the British speakers are overpriced.. D30R are $7500.00 and D40R (now the D48R) are about $13,000. about the same as the Reference 3..

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
ErikM said:
Damn.. I was really interested in what you think of them.. I've got my eye on a set of the Reference 3 as a possible upgrade to my Proac D30R.. I'll be driving them with a Devialet 200.. Which I think will be a better match than the Proac's..

That would also be my hunch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts