New hifi setup

sam_291

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Im looking at getting a new hifi system, but need some help deciding on an amp.

I like the look of the new marantz mcr510, especially with all the features, but was wondering how it would compare to others, such as the pm6005.

For speakers im looking at the MA bx2, but i havnt bought anything yet so im open to suggestions in a similar price range.

Thanks,

Sam

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Sam, welcome to the forum.

What's your budget? What hifi do you have already and are you looking to upgrade just the amp or start from scratch?

For some further ideas just google some of the speakers, amps and the mcr 510 and have a read of some of the WHF threads that mention them.

But, ideally you need to go and hear some, do you have a local dealer you can pop into? Just tell them your budget and see where that takes you. If you cannot demo that's a bit more problematic but either way take your time.

sam_291

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
My budgets around £500, although if i can spend a bit less that would be good. i domt really hqve anything that id consider pitting in the system, just an old arcam 3 amp and some old mordaunt short bpokshelf speakers. have a couplemof good shops near me (sevenoaks, richer sounds) but i was just wondering if anybody had any experoence with the above

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Lots of forum members will have had both amps and with lots of recommendations for both - don't worry if no-one responds - some will be too busy debating cables instead *smile*

There are quite a few previous threads on the 510 - do a google search and see the WHF threads. The Dali Zensor 3's got quite a few recommendations to pair up with the 510.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts