Budget hifi setup for organ music

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

podknocker

Don't ask me how it does, i don't know the technical reasons

All i know is silver cables can sound different in the high compared to copper cables, often it's brighter
Where did you get this information?

I can guarantee the electrons in silver, are the same as those found in copper. The only difference being silver is more willing to move charge, being the best conductor, of any metal.

Gray

Because i have copper and silver speaker cables
...and without knowing, just by listening, you can tell whether it's copper or silver cable can you? eh?eh?eh? come on, tell us 😆

There really needs to be a forum subsection set aside for cables, where people can (respectfully) argue round in circles till they die.
But this ain't it.
So who knows of budget hi-fi for organ music?

podknocker

The 'believers' are STILL unable to use science (physics) to prove fancy cables sound better.

I'm a reductionist. Biology is based on Chemistry, is based on Physics, is based on Quantum Mechanics etc.

We can't prove if or why fancy cables sound better, so until someone can, they can't.

Last edited:
Please take the cable discussions elsewhere, they are off topic. Feel free to start one about different cable constructions in the accessories section - this thread is not about cables.

You'll also note that commenting in moderation is against forum rules, so if you please. The task is thankless enough without members trying to second guess what goes on in our heads!

podknocker

Please take the cable discussions elsewhere, they are off topic. Feel free to start one about different cable constructions in the accessories section - this thread is not about cables.

You'll also note that commenting in moderation is against forum rules, so if you please. The task is thankless enough without members trying to second guess what goes on in our heads!
Well said.

Budget hifi setup for organ music is the topic, but I'm not sure there is a combination of components out there, ideally suited to organ music.

It is a tricky one.

Are there any cheap speakers available, with the ability to recreated the depth, resonance and timbre of a church organ?

Some pipes can vibrate at 16Hz!

podknocker

My favourite piece of music is Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor and I have 3 copies on CD, as they cost 99p per disc.

I play one now and then and it reminds me how rubbish most modern music sounds and how a great deal of decent modern music owes its existence to what Bach and many other Baroque composers wrote, all those years ago.

People will be playing Bach for another 350 years, but most of the current music will fade away very soon.

Reactions: WayneKerr

podknocker

Apologies.

Reactions: 12th Monkey
D

Deleted member 201267

These days they'd send 6 cars to deal with such trivia......while terror suspects slip out of prison.

...Back to organ hi-fi....a cheap subwoofer must be involved.
EXACTLY.
(On both points).

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts