New dynaudio speaker...nice web campaign...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I preferred Knudsen the raccoon and the Dynaudio Book of Truth.
3710108602_0b5654f2c5_o.jpg

A

Anonymous

Shhh....but word is, it is a top-end new version of the legendary Consequences - the "Ultimate Consequence" - knowing Dynaudio it will be something very special indeed. For me the Dynaudio Evidence Masters remain the best sounding speakers I have ever heard, from visiting every CES, Munich, etc, etc. you cannot go far wrong with a Dyno

A

Anonymous

jaxwired, the Focus line makes a lot of sense, as it's a definitive step forward in terms of performance compared to the Excite. And no, the focus Line isn't getting old; in fact Focus is Dynaudio's most recent line, except for the Excite. If you're not sure on the subject, you'd better do a little research before posting, instead of confusing people. Speaking of Focus, their performance is closer to the Contour line then the Excite, which is Dynaudio entry level line, designed to work better with cheap electronics, so that more people could get a taste of Dynaudio sound. The best candidate for replacement would be the Contours, which are indeed getting old..

Now back on topic, I would guess the new speaker is.. Ultimate Consequence, indeed
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:

This web page makes it look like a new flagship, but I think it might just be a replacement for the Focus line. Ever since the Excite line came out, the Focus line makes no sense. They are priced way too close to each other. Plus the Focus line is getting old...

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/ue.php

Focus, old? I think they are the sweet-spot in Dynaudio's range. Also they are real wood veneer unlike the Excites, and some people value that. I think there is plenty of room between the Excites and Contours, maybe a Focus S line?

By the way, circumstances will delay any hifi upgrades for me for the time being, but I did swap out the Audioquest Slate Bi-Wire for some Van Damme 2x6mm (gold and clear, not blue) single speaker cable; what a difference! All the lower end bloat and hang have gone, but maybe it's a bit too far the other way now, very bright and lean, so now I leave the grills on which I've never done before - but overall a revelation, my music is open and with Verve again.

Neon K

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
crismirdau:

jaxwired, the Focus line makes a lot of sense, as it's a definitive step forward in terms of performance compared to the Excite. And no, the focus Line isn't getting old; in fact Focus is Dynaudio's most recent line, except for the Excite. If you're not sure on the subject, you'd better do a little research before posting, instead of confusing people. Speaking of Focus, their performance is closer to the Contour line then the Excite, which is Dynaudio entry level line, designed to work better with cheap electronics, so that more people could get a taste of Dynaudio sound. The best candidate for replacement would be the Contours, which are indeed getting old..

Now back on topic, I would guess the new speaker is.. Ultimate Consequence, indeed
emotion-2.gif

The focus line is at least 3 years old. That much I'm sure of. I'm also sure that the Focus line pricing makes zero sense for Dynaudio. Focus 220's are very close in price to Excite X32's. The same is true for X16's compared to Focus 140s. I've heard focus and excite and your implication that excite is a good distance from focus performance is just plain ignorant. Some people prefer the excites. Regarding, research, I did manage to do some on you and was able to confirm my suspicion...you are a condescending piece of #&$^@.
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

jaxwired:
Regarding, research, I did manage to do some on you and was able to confirm my suspicion...you are a condescending piece of #&$^@.
emotion-1.gif

Maybe you would like to enlighten us and tell us what you have found out. Let me help you: u know nothing.
What bothers me is people trying to look smart by saying all kind of things when in fact they have no ideea what they are talking about. When challenged to say something smart, all they can do is throwing invectives as they have no arguments to support useful thoughts.
I know some who prefferred the Excites to the old Audience line, and some who didn't, yet none who liked the Excites better than Focus. I have to admit though that might be possible, if an unexperienced listener compares the two by using cheap electronics, unable to reaveal the strenghts of Focus.
The price difference between Excite and Focus is aprox. £500 for bookshelf speakers and aprox. £700 for floorstanders, when looking at speakers similarly positioned in the respective line. While generally speaking this doesn't seem much, for the potential Excite buyer this price difference could be the decisive factor in their choice.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
crismirdau:

What bothers me is people trying to look smart by saying all kind of things when in fact they have no ideea what they are talking about.

LOL. Yep, my original post was just packed full of mis-information and high brow pontificating. Please... I'll let the post speak for itself.

A

Anonymous

Need to tone it down.

Also jaxwired, surely your signature line is abit out of date now - what's going on!

TRENDING THREADS