New Cyrus DAC XP+ and XTSE +

Dr Beat

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi all

I got an email from a fellow Cyrus owner friend, who told me of the new DAC XP+ and XTSE + . I wonder if they are any early adopters/buyers of these new Cyrus units? I would love to hear their personal views of the new gears from Cyrus, and if if they really sound better compared to the current competition, or even to their superceded models?
emotion-42.gif

Still related to the above new gear, when will WHF team do a review of the new stuff and publish the review? Maybe first impressions first? Hope this wait for an official WHF review does not become like the wait for the Oppo BDP review
emotion-4.gif

http://www.cyrusaudio.com/content.asp?ContentID=123

Cheers

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We had them both on demo at our open day on the 21st November, along with Mono X's and KEF Reference speakers and the whole system sounded amazing, even though the DACxp+ was brand new and had only been run in for a few hours!

The CDXTse+'s are still on their way, but DACxp+'s are now on demo.

Dr Beat

Sep 15, 2008
Visit site
hi david,

thanks for the feedback. since you have had it on demo, what is your comment on the comparison against the older DAC XP? what about the XTSE VS XTSE+?

do you think the price increase justifice the sonic improvements?

if someone had the cash to buy the new DAC XP+ and the XTSE+ , could he do better with another brand set up?

thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We'd already sold off our CDXTse's by the time our open day came round, so wasn't able to do an A/B comparison unfortunately.

Again, with the DACxp+, we didn't have one for comaprison, so it's hard to say exactly what the differences would be. Could it be bettered? A £4k CD and pre-amplifier combination? There's alternatives out there, which you'd have to audition to see if you liked them, but our main recommendation would be something like the Naim CD5xs and NAC202. The recommendation ,ay change depending on the power amplifier used, as this might change the budget balance.

The Naim and Cyrus tend to be our most popular brands, partly due to their upgrade path which allows the user future additions of power amplifiers and power supplies.

The two do sound quite different, so an audition is recommended with your style of music and your choice of speakers, as these may tip the balance either way.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts