New BT Home Hub 2.0 & 6months Broadband FREE ( Saving over £225.00 )

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just wanted to share this with everyone as i think it was a great deal i got today.

I have just come to the end of my Broadband with BT Yahoo , been with them just over 2 years , Anyway i wanted to see what i could get with them if i phone them up and tell them i want the new Hub as i have the white one at the moment and my contract runs out in 5 days.

So i phoned them up and said i want the new hub but my Broadband runs out in 4 days , Do i have to cancel and then order a new BT Deal to get the Hub Free ? No sur , let me pass you over to another department ,

Anyway i say the same to this next lady and she tells me , If you stay with us for another 2 years you can have 6months Free Broadband ( Saving over £135.00 ) ok great , well i also want the new BT Home hub with Phone , No problem you can have the Hub and phone Free aswell.(RRP £90.00 . Also Sur you can have BT Yahoo Broadband Option 3 at 22.50 ,( Was 24.99 before ). Wicked . ok deal.

Sometimes it a good idea to phone up and see what bargains you can get , this was great and im sure you Agree with me.

So i saved £225.00 just for making a phone call .........................

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Great deal, as long as they can get it all to work properly!
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I must admit Andy , I have been with BT Yahoo for the past couple years and never had any problems with them, But the one problem i have noticed is my speed , When i first joined BT Yahoo back in 2002 my speed was around 5.5MB all the time , its now around 4.0MB so i have lost about 1MB down speed ,But this is down to sites like BBCI Player and Youtube HD using up more Bandwidth, but apart from that its great . I play CSS on the pc alot and my ping is always around 18 - 25 so its very good.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Good to hear you've had good service. Various of my family members have had nightmares with the BT Hub, dropout on broadband, hours spent on the helpline to no avail. Maybe they've just been unlucky.

cram

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Been using a home hub 2 since August last year - not had any problems with it whatsoever. Work from home so it gets hammered most of the day

A

Anonymous

I find BT Yahoo service very good.

Broadband is up 99.99% of the time

BT Yahoo is available 99.9% of the time.

The hub phone is a different story and seems to need re-initialising about once every 2 weeks on mine.

The slow drift off of line speed is a PITA with BT. I'm sure they have a way of looking at average usage and slowing you down so you are as slow (least bandwidth) as they can make you without you really noticing. I just re-boot the router once a week and the speed stays quite high as a result.

I too use my line for business and from that perspective I need the reliability that BT seem to be capable of.

Their call centre / help desk / customer support lines are, however, total pants. On the odd occasion I have had to speak to them I find I become totally fustrated talking to people with less technical and operational knowledge of their kit than I have and I don't claim to be any sort of expert.

A

Anonymous

welshboy:
. I'm sure they have a way of looking at average usage and slowing you down so you are as slow (least bandwidth) as they can make you without you really noticing.

How would they do that ? I mean, for the millions of customers, would it be worthwhile ?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Yeah as long as nobody uses those terrible Comtrend Power Line Adaptors that comes with the BT kit!

They introduce a whole lot of noise into your mains that comes out of all sorts of audio places, plus wipes out your neighbours radio reception for about 500 meters around your house
emotion-41.gif

Dreadful.

Just Google UKQRM for more info on this scam

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
mikesndbs:
Hi

Yeah as long as nobody uses those terrible Comtrend Power Line Adaptors that comes with the BT kit!

They introduce a whole lot of noise into your mains that comes out of all sorts of audio places, plus wipes out your neighbours radio reception for about 500 meters around your house
emotion-41.gif

Dreadful.

I use those adaptors for my BT Vision. (Hub is upstairs in the spare room, vision downstairs near the TV). My radio works fine, none of my neighbours have mentioned poor radio reception. Haven't noticed any detrimental affect on my audio either, but I am using decent mains cables and a couple of R.A silencers.

A

Anonymous

Big Chris:mikesndbs:

Hi

emotion-41.gif

Dreadful.

I use those adaptors for my BT Vision. (Hub is upstairs in the spare room, vision downstairs near the TV). My radio works fine, none of my neighbours have mentioned poor radio reception. Haven't noticed any detrimental affect on my audio either, but I am using decent mains cables and a couple of R.A silencers.

Hi Chris

I am in danger of taking this thread off topic but the legality of these devices is also in question as they have been proved to fail EMC regulations.

One complaint to Ofcom results in BT being instructed to remove them and hard wire the installation.

Ofcom are working on plugging the loop hole that allowed these things to be placed on the UK market.

Your neighbours may not know what the interference is! thats the problem, they might think their radio is broken for example.

Have a look here www.ukqrm.org for more info, a visit to the video page will let you see and hear the problem.

This is the big issue with these things in that the user in most cases will be totally unaware of the problems they are causing.

Even Nato has written at length about it! http://www.mikeandsniffy.co.uk/UKQRM/PLTbooks/NATO_PTC_IEEE.pdf

As you can see its a real big issue and many of us are surprised that BT has distributed these things.

However its not just BT with many computer shops selling other types.

Hope the above is interesting.

A

Anonymous

I understand what your saying but im not getting any problems with any of my gear and no one else is so its a pointless subject as its not effecting people maybe 5% max , everyone of my friends has the BT hub and i work with about 50+ people at work who also do and no one has ever mentioned any problems to me ... so it can't be that much of an issue.

A

Anonymous

jasonsony735:I understand what your saying but im not getting any problems with any of my gear and no one else is so its a pointless subject as its not effecting people maybe 5% max , everyone of my friends has the BT hub and i work with about 50+ people at work who also do and no one has ever mentioned any problems to me ... so it can't be that much of an issue.

Hi, sorry for late reply.

The "im not getting any problems" is one I encounter very often!

Guess its just a society thing.

There is no doubt, 100% certain that if you are using these dreadful Comtrend adaptors then you will be causing a jamming signal outside of your house that will extend many hundreds of meters in all cases and further in others situations.

This jamming signal will prevent anyone within that range from listening to short wave radio.

If you live near a coast guard or air sea rescue base then you may be interfering with them.

As air craft use short wave radio for long distance communications there could be a case when that too is effected by this signal.

You say you understand but are you concerned about this?

These devices were put on to the UK market by exploiting a loop hole in the EMC regulations! many of us including Ofcom are working to plug this hole and have these devices withdrawn.

I think this is really a subject for another board but I have provided you will all the information required to make a educated understanding of this serious problem.

Regards

Mike

A

Anonymous

Just had news in from the CISPR meeting held in South Africa in December 08.

Extracted:

RSGB John Pink reports back from South Africa and the CISPR meeting held there.

Looks like the end is in sight for Comtrend PLT with its UPA method!

"TDMA would not be able to comply there were some emotional exchanges"

And

"This should mean that Comtrend modems should be non-compliant at some point in the future"

So there we have it, BT backed the wrong standard and now its customers are going to have to ask what they do and who will foot the clean up bill!

Interesting, but by no means the end of the story

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts