Need some help for a newbie

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good day to you people, i need some help. I recently bought a somehow decent multimedia speakers and instantly realized that i need something better. so i decided to try out a budget hi fi setup. problem is, it seems that i can get a pair of brand new Wharfedale 9.0 for as low as 120 dollars (i guess its around 65 pounds), but i cant listen to them before buying.

Question is - will they suite me well? i am a musician myself, so i have a broad range of different systems rehearsed, but mostly in a studio section then hi fi. I listen to almost everything except may be classic, but mostly jazz, hip hop, a bit of rock and some heavy stuff.

another thing is that usually i listen to music at a pretty low volume - those speakers i've got now play good only when cranked up over 12 o'clock - i want a system that will produce a detailed and smooth sound while playing quiet.

I am not sure about amp i am going to pair them with, most probably Cambridge Audio 340A (unfortunately we dont have a 340se version in Russia, noone sells them here), source being my PC with a decent studio level sound card.

Any advices or comments are very welcome, please support a poor newb making his first steps into the domain of hi fi :)

A

Anonymous

Have you considered a decent headphone amp and decent headphones? Money will go further and late night listening at low volumes not a problem!

Just a thought...........

A

Anonymous

oh actually i have a pair already for mixing and occasional recording i do at home

i use AKG monitors amped by yamaha mixer, problem is i really cant say i enjoy listening to music with headphones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts