Need another AV receiver to add to Pioneer PDP-436FDE?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I bought a Pioneer PDP-436FDE a couple of years ago and am finally getting round to getting everything else to do it justice (Blu-Ray, Sky HD, surround sound etc). Ideally, I would like to upgrade from the SCART leads that I am currently using to HDMI but the media receiver that came with it only has 1 input. Do I need to also get an AV receiver to cope with the additions that I then feed in to the Pioneer one? All help gratefully recieved!! Cheers Steve

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
That would be your best bet if you want surround sound as well. What's your budget? Ideally, you want a receiver with at least 2 HDMIs in (one for Blu-Ray, one for Sky HD), though obviously more would be a benefit for any other future HDMI devices that might come along. Since you have Blu-Ray, it would be worth getting one which can handle the HD audio being output from this player at the same time. Which Blu-Ray player do you have?

A

Anonymous

Thanks - my total budget is £2-2.5k. I haven't bought anything yet but am thinking of the Panasonic BDP-30 & Onkyo TX-SR606. Speakers to be decided - whilst I like the B&W 685, my wife is after something a little less conspicuous. What do you think to the Q Acoustics QAV? I was also hoping to play my iPod through the same system. Would a Fatman be OK or do you think I should think of something else?

Best Wishes

Steve

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No issue with the Onkyo or Panny. The 685 theatre package is excellent, but I haven't heard the QAV package for comparison. However, given the price differential between the two systems, I'd say you were likely better looking at the KEF 3005 SE package. Have heard this and it's not as good as the B&W 685 theatre system, but very good for a style package. Suggest getting an audition of a few systems around the price. The B&W MT-20 or even MT-30 systems are also worth a listen I reckon.

Again, haven't heard the Fatman I'm afraid... you can hook the iPod straight up to your Onkyo / any other AV receiver you look at (possibly using Onkyo's DSA2X dock or just using a standard minijack to RCA cable).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts