Neat Petite SX for Naim Uniti?

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys

Has anyone tried pairing the Naim Uniti with Neat Petite SX speakers? If yes, your views would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Singslinger:
Hi guys

Has anyone tried pairing the Naim Uniti with Neat Petite SX speakers? If yes, your views would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.
Never tried them two together but it has been known that Neat & Naim is a match made in heaven! :) you can't go wrong unless you don't like the sound of the neat's or naim....like everything, audition if you can.

John Duncan

Yes. Fantastic sound, best I've had in my house. Fantastic grip on the bass and the midrange and treble are lovely. Requires careful positioning to get the soundstage right.

As ever, hear for youreslf as YMMV. Oh, and they come without grilles...

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
There you go
emotion-1.gif

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:And it was 'had'. Was already to buy them but Mrs JD didn't like the look of them......always a problem hey?? :)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Was already to buy them but Mrs JD didn't like the look of them...

I'm with Mrs JD. They need grilles. Don't these manufacturers know about dust and prying fingers? (Or aesthetics?*)

*Normal people aesthetics not the hifi nerd variety.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Singslinger:Has anyone tried pairing the Naim Uniti with Neat Petite SX speakers? If yes, your views would be very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Yes, me too, both with the Naim Uniti and the UnitiQute, and in both cases the sound was excellent. It's a combination I'd firmly endorse.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
chebby:
JohnDuncan:Was already to buy them but Mrs JD didn't like the look of them...

I'm with Mrs JD. They need grilles. Don't these manufacturers know about dust and prying fingers? (Or aesthetics?*)

*Normal people aesthetics not the hifi nerd variety.

Grilles hardly keep the dust away, my turntable has a cover but it is always full of dust...but I agree prying fingers could be an issue :)

A

Anonymous

Obviously Neat think they sound better without them, and of course they manufacture them.

But what do they know............

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MENISCUS:Obviously Neat think they sound better without them, and of course they manufacture them.

Indeed.

But what they don't know is the number of people (like JD) who didn't buy them - despite really wanting to.

A

Anonymous

chebby:MENISCUS:Obviously Neat think they sound better without them, and of course they manufacture them.

Indeed.

But what they don't know is the number of people (like JD) who didn't buy them - despite really wanting to.

Nothing to do with JD, more like Mrs JD...............

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
MENISCUS:Nothing to do with JD, more like Mrs JD...............

And cats and children etc...

JohnDuncan:Not quite - I will be able to resist for one reason, and one reason only - they don't have grilles, which, unless they're hidden in Mr Neat's garage somewhere and attach with hidden magnets, is a distinct no-no in a three child/two cat household.

It's ok getting all 'hifi purist' about these things - maybe you don't need to concern yourself with the domestic realities of family life - but they have to sell in the real world of living rooms and wives and kids and cats.

Seems a bit stupid to lose sales to people who really want to buy them for the sake of a cheap (and removable) grille.

A

Anonymous

chebby:
MENISCUS:Nothing to do with JD, more like Mrs JD...............

And cats and children etc...

JohnDuncan:Not quite - I will be able to resist for one reason, and one reason only - they don't have grilles, which, unless they're hidden in Mr Neat's garage somewhere and attach with hidden magnets, is a distinct no-no in a three child/two cat household.

It's ok getting all 'hifi purist' about these things - maybe you don't need to concern yourself with the domestic realities of family life - but they have to sell in the real world of living rooms and wives and kids and cats.

Seems a bit stupid to lose sales to people who really want to buy them for the sake of a cheap (and removable) grille.

Well I will pass that tip of yours to the board of Directors of Neat.

I'm sure they had not considered that when making the highly sought after and successful Petite ..........

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I will leave it there and refer you to Andrew's earlier post. (I missed it earlier.)

It seems someone already has passed this on to Neat...

Andrew Everard:I think when JD was having conversations with Neat re the speakers there was a suggestion that a solution existed to the grilles problem...

John Duncan

See what happens when you go and try to fix problems with the Buyer's Guide import?

The grille problem was resolved (or was being resolved by 'Bob', who is apparently something big in Neat - I'd take a guess at Bob Surgeoner). What they could not resolve was them being 'too big and ugly', which - if you've paid any attention to my maunderings over the years - is often a complaint in the JD house.

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks very much John - I had no idea that they came sans grilles! Or do they now come with grilles but these are "too big and ugly''?

Either way it sounds like the Petites are worth a shot, especially since my listening room is smallish...Thanks to all once again!

John Duncan

Singslinger:
Thanks very much John - I had no idea that they came sans grilles! Or do they now come with grilles but these are "too big and ugly''?

Either way it sounds like the Petites are worth a shot, especially since my listening room is smallish...Thanks to all once again!

No it's not the grilles but the speakers themselves - they're quite wide and shallow (in relative terms) so look a bit - and this is the best I can do, not having a degree in journalism - 'jazz hands'. Narrow and deep (think PMC DB1i, AVI Neutron, Neat's own Motives, EB Acoustics EB1) looks better in my room in the place they have to go.

I also found the maple veneer a bit plain (though nicely applied), and even a promise to go walnut wouldn't budge Mrs D
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS