Nad cd with Rotel amp. Any good??

dellroy

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Having bought a denon D-M37 mini with Tannoy F1 speakers a few months ago and being totally underwhelmed with the sound quality, I have decided to buy a decent seperate system.

Sevenoaks currently have the following 2 offers available: Nad C545 cd player with Rotel RA-04 amp, with Dali Lektor 2 speakers for £749 or B&W 685 for £829.

Dose anyone have any experience/opinion of the above systems. Will the sound quality be far better than my current set up, and will the B&W speakers be worth the extra money over the Lektors?

A

Anonymous

I use the Nad and B&W 684's and think they're brilliant. Couldn't comment on the exact system you're looking at but the bits that I have are excellent.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Either of those 2 sevenoaks setups will be head and shoulders over what you now have. Well worth the switch. Sell your current setup on ebay. The C545 is fantastic and I would not trade it for any player double in price. I'd personally rather have the Dali's and they are cheaper. The Rotel is a long time budget favorite. This is not a risky move. HOWEVER, go listen first...

dellroy

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. Having read a few more posts on the forum I think the Lektors may be the better choice for me. My room is not that big and I wouldn't really use the 685's to their full potential. I am also open to other opinions as to choice of amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts