NAD CD players???

matthewpiano

I'm interested to know how the C542 and the new C515BEE compare to my C521BEE sound wise. Is the 542 a big upgrade over the 521? If so, in what ways? Is the 515BEE better than the 521BEE given that some of the technology is newer? WHF team - you gave the 521BEE 5 stars when it was current and have now given the 515BEE 5 stars. In what ways would you say they are different?

nads

Now this is a topic i would love to add to. But i can not really as i have not compared my 542 to any of the others. Other than saying that it does what it should. My only comment is that the power lead is attached and not replacable.

nads

Now that i am back home listening to the Gorillaz D-sides on the T585........... hang on thats a DVD player! And it is a good CD at that. but it also plays DVD-A and SACD Ok these discs are a bit short on the ground but.... why not have the chance and it also plays MP3 recorded discs that the 542 will not. (minus point for the 542) but what i am leading to is then there is the T535 that does the same and is about half the price. Oh and there is not much between the T585 and the C542.

matthewpiano

Nice one NADS - you've just solved a problem for me. I was looking for a new DVD player and something that will play SACD discs. I have a few of the latter and am selling my Sony SACD player because it doesn't fit into my system cosmetically (sound is first priority but I like my lounge to look nice as well!). I might just keep the C521BEE for audio CDs and add a T535 for DVD and SACD playback. Then again, if the T535 is as good for stereo CD as you say....
What is the T535 like for picture quality? Does it have HDMI upscaling? I'll be using it with a HD Ready 1080i Sony Bravia.

A

Anonymous

i once had both the 542 and the c521 and could not detect differences in sound. the difference lies in the innards, like the 542 does hdcd decoding.

Petherick

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi Nads.

I'm thinking of buying a T585. I watch some DVDs, listen to CDs, SACDs and DVD-As. Is it good enough to warrant replacing my Denon DVD-1940?

Cheers.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Wow...
emotion-8.gif

Major thread revival
emotion-5.gif

nads

Petherick:
Hi Nads.

I'm thinking of buying a T585. I watch some DVDs, listen to CDs, SACDs and DVD-As. Is it good enough to warrant replacing my Denon DVD-1940?

Cheers.

no idea as i have never see a dennon1940. and i would say that it has only been turned on once this year and that was just to check if i had a duff DVD.

but as a do it all box it does it all well and fo CD is as good as the 542.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts