NAD C510 - highly recommended

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
The NAD C510 is my newest addition to my system and it's so good I'd like to spread the word.

img.php

What is it?

A dac preamplifier that works completely in the digital domain. It's an offspring to the M52 dac/pre with a volume knob added to it. It also has lots of digital inputs: 2x HDMI in, 1HDMI video out, 1 optical, 1 SPDIF, 1 AES/EBU, 1x usb that accepts NAS, PC, MAC.

What does it do?

Plays pretty much everything at an incredible quality for the price. Thanks to the input buffering and reclocking all inputs give the same high quality output. I plugged in my cheap blu-ray player and the dac performs like it's playing from a high quality cd player. Same from blu-rays or humax tv box. The clarity, detail, timing and realism are among the best I've heard. According to the manual it betters analogue preamplifiers in signal vs noise by 20 db. At the price there's hardly any compitition. The only one's I can think of are the Linn Majik DSM and (based on specs) oppo 105. (I haven't heard it)

There's only one small thing that could be improved upon- it's a functional design, not super pretty but very acceptable. The bass is a bit forcefull but doesn't distract from the overall picture.

Given the fact it is 1000 euros for both a great dac and preamplifier it's a bit of a steal.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Superaintit said:
The NAD C510 is my newest addition to my system and it's so good I'd like to spread the word.

What is it?

A dac preamplifier that works completely in the digital domain. It's an offspring to the M52 dac/pre with a volume knob added to it. It also has lots of digital inputs: 2x HDMI in, 1HDMI video out, 1 optical, 1 SPDIF, 1 AES/EBU, 1x usb that accepts NAS, PC, MAC.

What does it do?

Plays pretty much everything at an incredible quality for the price. Thanks to the input buffering and reclocking all inputs give the same high quality output. I plugged in my cheap blu-ray player and the dac performs like it's playing from a high quality cd player. Same from blu-rays or humax tv box. The clarity, detail, timing and realism are among the best I've heard. According to the manual it betters analogue preamplifiers in signal vs noise by 20 db. At the price there's hardly any compitition. The only one's I can think of are the Linn Majik DSM and (based on specs) oppo 105. (I haven't heard it)

There's only one small thing that could be improved upon- it's a functional design, not super pretty but very acceptable. The bass is a bit forcefull but doesn't distract from the overall picture.

Given the fact it is 1000 euros for both a great dac and preamplifier it's a bit of a steal.

Sweet , I'd have proberly gone this way to replace my 118/216 if it had existed at the time , went with the 390DD , I have no regrets

James

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hello James,

It looks like your amp and my dac have lots in common. I wasn't aware until recenly that digital amps have become this good. There's so much just right about the sound this thing produces I see this as a sign of things to come. With the hypex amp, the zetex tech for the dac/pre and devialet making an impression, it won't be long until this has become the norm. Amazing stuff. Wish everyone goes out and hears this. No more faff about cables or other marginal things but just the music.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Tell me about it , I got mine on home demo and I was thinking I was fooling myself , but I wasn't .

I had a choice is this worth 2k or not , I kept coming up with the same answer , yes

listen to the music and be happy

James

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
manicm said:
Sorry but a 1000 quid digital box without streaming capabilities doesn't do it for me. Especially since I'm not interested in pc based streaming.

I does accept pc, mac, nas via usb b. It's asynchronous and works with any pcm signal up to 24/192. Haven't tried it yet, but looks promising. In the not too distant future I will buy a Nas or maybe a Sonos connect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts