My Yamaha DSP-Z7 just got even better!

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
Got my Z7 back from Audioupgrades last night after having all 16 NE5532 opamps replaced with LM4562's. I haven't had time to do any extended listening as yet and the opamps will need time to burn in, but with my system and speakers the improvement is substancial.

Lossless music fed from my PC through my DacMagic sounds far more detailed with much bigger soundstage. Midrange and vocals sound far more convincing. On initial listening, I'd say it may have lost some bass weight, although it maybe that it's just cleaner, tighter bass. I also watched the blu-ray of Pandorum last night, the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack was very spacious and detailed.

I can't comment as to whether every system would notice the leap in performance that I am, but with my setup, it was money well spent. If anyone else is interested, now Audioupgrades know what's involved labour wise, they've indicated that they'd do more Z7's for a total cost of around £200 (speak to Brent).

A

Anonymous

hi pete321,

will be interesting to see what your thoughts are in a few weeks time when the dust has settled and direct comparison made with the previous NE5532 opamps.

keep us posted.

TRENDING THREADS