my hifi by david

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi all, worked how to post pictures thanks to my daughter aged 10 lol god i'm rubbish at computers.if anybody has any comments nice or ugly would love to hear.cheers david

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
All looking good David!

Without wanting to start a cable debate can I have YOUR opinion on the improvements your power supply upgrades have had on your system?

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi ben, thanks for your comment,i been doing hifi home cinema for many years,i never really knew much about mains cables,and some would say they make no diffrence at all,but over the years iv'e done experments with diffrent cables ,one to see if the hype about if mains made a diffrence,all i wanted to do get the best out of my hifi ,the first one i tryed many years ago was a russ andrews cables which i found did make a diffrence an improvement to the sound of my hifi ,so much so i would go right thew my cd's and i found that hear greater detail with in the music,from then on i upgraded a mains cable one at a time.to be honest i have'nt bought anything for years now.in the end i found a cable did bring sonic improvements to my hifi.my best advice to people who have there doubts about mains cable is to give them a try,most companys do a loan service,so if they dont do anything for your system you can always hand them back.i have xlo mains cable nordost a russ andews 8 way mains block.the best place to start is a cd player /or an amp.in the end do i think mains cables make a diffrence ,yes i do.but not wanting to start a war lol

hope this helps a bit. cheers david

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks David. I am thinking of trying one out on a 60 day trial from clearer audio or russ Andrews. I have compared other cables that I own and have found improvements in analogue interconnects (£6 pair, £50 pair and £120 pair) finding more detail and a more natural sound as they increased in price. I also found that with a £5 hdmi I had a slight jitter when playing xbox and games were scrolling but replacing it with a £20 cable solved this issue.

I always like to try things myself to see if I can hear a difference and then decide if it justifies the cost to me. I have no problem if people have tried stuff and heard no difference that's fine. Sometimes I wonder if its system specific or just that we all hear things differently.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ben K. said:
Thanks David. I am thinking of trying one out on a 60 day trial from clearer audio or russ Andrews. I have compared other cables that I own and have found improvements in analogue interconnects (£6 pair, £50 pair and £120 pair) finding more detail and a more natural sound as they increased in price. I also found that with a £5 hdmi I had a slight jitter when playing xbox and games were scrolling but replacing it with a £20 cable solved this issue.

I always like to try things myself to see if I can hear a difference and then decide if it justifies the cost to me. I have no problem if people have tried stuff and heard no difference that's fine. Sometimes I wonder if its system specific or just that we all hear things differently.

FWIW I would recommend Darren of Clearer Audio.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi ,ben i also have a clearer audio cable,which powers my russ andrews power block,the are well made power cables,which if you try i'm sure you will pleased with,clearer audio is based in rochford/southend not far from where i live.sometimes what people do they will buy a new cable put it in there systems and with in five mins,they decide that they cant hear anything diffrent,some cables you can hear straight away,i rember buying a speaker cable once and i put in and it sounded rubbish but i gave it the test of time and since then i have never changed it.so if you do try some new cables just give it a bit of time to run in.cheers david

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ben K. said:
Ok David will do.

Cno which clearer audio products do you use and what equipment are they used on? Thanks.

Copper-Line / Furutech F8 on Sky Box

Copper-Line Alpha on TV

Copper-Line Alpha+ on Sub

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi ben,i use the silver line clearer audio cable to power my russ andrews mains block,the copper line cable surgested by cno is a very good cable ,dont think you can go wrong with that one.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
David, I was thinking of getting the silver line but darren suggested that with my system I may be better off with the copper line as I do get the occasional bit of harsh hf and the silver may excite this further.

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
+1 to that,great job :grin:

I'm choosing to ignore your comments on the cables tho,spent enough for the moment :rofl:

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi David

Ordered my power cable today and I think it will be with me in about ten days time so I will post back with my thoughts but it won't be for a fortnight or so.

I received my sacd's yesterday and am enjoying them. It all just sounds a little smoother, more natural and well just a little nicer :dance:

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi david

I have been using my new power cable today so thought I'd share my thoughts with you.

Connected to my cdp it all becomes a little clearer and seems more organised although its quite subtle.

Connected to my amp it's a big improvement which surprised me as those that believe say the source has the greatest effect. Vocals receive a lift, details are clearer which helps with separation and bass is deeper while tightening up.

So far very pleased and will keep listening and changing back to standard cables every so often for comparison.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi ben glad you are hearing an improvement,with your new chord.im sure give it a few days and it will start to open up.thanks for keeping me updated.cheers david

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ben K. said:
Hi david

I have been using my new power cable today so thought I'd share my thoughts with you.

Connected to my cdp it all becomes a little clearer and seems more organised although its quite subtle.

Connected to my amp it's a big improvement which surprised me as those that believe say the source has the greatest effect. Vocals receive a lift, details are clearer which helps with separation and bass is deeper while tightening up.

So far very pleased and will keep listening and changing back to standard cables every so often for comparison.

I'm glad it's worked out for you.........I have always got more benefit from the amp, but it is variable.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi ben just thinking what cno put is very true,when i had my arcam fmj 139 and i put my xlo power chord the change was huge and when i changed it to arcam bdp100 there was not as much of improvement ,so the improvement from unit varies,so it's best swap cables over to find where you get the biggest improvement. There nothing more i enjoy than a good tinkering with my hifi and of course my music lol.keep in touch david

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts