Musical Fidelity amps

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
What opinions do folks have of them? I am looking at a few on Ebay currently, MF X-A1 integrated, MF X-A2 integrated, MF X-A200R integrated and the MF X-AS100 power amp I would be looking to partner them with my M/A RS speakers and possibly the MF X-Ray CD player. My music tastes run from Electornic, bassy music (Leftfield, Daft Punk, Fischerspooner) to Metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, SOAD, Linkin Park) to Pink Floyd etc... Would either of the integrated amps fit well with the power amp? Cheers for info

John Duncan

Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em. My experience was of the X-Ray v3 and X-80 pair, and it was the nicest sound ever in my house (curse that taxman). The 200R is probably the best value of the ones you mention as it's a powerful amp, you could try that on its own and add power later if need be?

Or just buy this lot
emotion-1.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yeah i saw the X-Series that the guy is selling but i prefer to partner an integrated with power. Just feels that it gives that bit more of an open soundstage.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Or just buy this
lot
emotion-1.gif
[/quote]

Guys...make sure you can pay cash on collection on this one! zero feedback and hardly any description, risky!

A

Anonymous

I had the MF A3 series pre/power and cd player for 7 years, now upgraded to the A5 integrated and A5 cd player partnered to my MA RS8's and the sound is wonderful.
Going from the A3 pre/power to the A5 integrated may seem like a sideways step, but the difference from the newer amp compared to the seperate units is staggering, soundstage, separation, frequency response, instrumental timbre, voices.......sound a lot better through the A5 components and have taken the MA's to another level.

A

Anonymous

In the past I've had a B1, an XA1 then brought 2 XA50 power amps to add to the XA1. Then went for an A5 which I've recentley sold. All were great, love 'em and wouldn't hesitate again.

R

A

Anonymous

Hi Dan, i used the xa1, xa50's and x-ray cd player for years until recently changeing to cyrus, My x- ray sold on e-bay yesterday for 363 pounds which shows you how sought after the range is, it really is a thumb's up from me, I think you will love the mf gear, all the best!!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Wouldn't worry about kit. I've just put some hob nobs and snake oil into the back of my amp and it has worked wonders. Smooth and silky, the soundstage crumbles beautifully. Glad I got rid of those ridiculous interconnects, mains leads and speaker cables. They didn't add anything to the enjoyment at all, not even a placebo effect.

Anyway, gotta go listen to some half man half biscuit. Apparently it was a dodgy transformer again.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Same here...I had many MF gears in the past from X-A1 - Nu-vista - A308 - A5 and many more in between. Great sound and superbly build (pre 2004 has better build imo)

Bad points.......MF like to use same technology again and again! For example the nu-vista engine had as many new body face lifts as Toyota Corolla! A3 is the X-ray which also almost identical to A3.2 etc etc. very clever marketing indeed. Another downer is the later MF gears have some reliability problems when comparing to company past's excellent record so if you after a 2nd hand example please be sure that all functions are working.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts