Music (CDs) made more listenable because of a successful upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I added these thoughts to another post I made but thought it might be interesting to hear your experiences

some examples where I feel this is true

Cornershop - 'When I was born for the 7th time'

Gorrilaz -'Plastic Beach'

Datsuns - 'Outta sight/outta mind'

Although the Jamiroquai I've got on now sounds even better too.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Surely the whole point of an upgrade is to make your music more listenable? Although it can go the other way, a more revealing system can make a poor recording unlistenable. Apparently.

******* SUBJECT LINE!!!!!

A

Anonymous

Doh! I hadn't realised this is what it is all about, I just thought I'd give my money away for no good reason...

What I'm getting at is that some stuff I rarely chose to listen to has become transformed, this has somewhat amazed me. I just thought they weren't well produced/recorded which i know might seem odd, but i didn't previously enjoy the sound now i do. Stuff that was already good is even better. It's the few examples of transformation I'm looking or, not the general principle of improvement.

Not all upgrades are as successful as we first imagined either.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Pick any of The Strokes CD's from a hat and guaranteen it still sounds poor on any system, and that's not because of the musical content. I like The Strokes btw, it's just piss poor recording across the board.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
What did you upgrade?

No need to go shouting about it thelhc. Indeed, I think the subject line should be left alone as it's most irritating when it changes more than you changed this one.

A

Anonymous

I've only got 'This is it' but I'll give it a go and tell you what I think.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Alec said:
No need to go shouting about it thelhc. Indeed, I think the subject line should be left alone as it's most irritating when it changes more than you changed this one.

I think you missed my point, I didn't edit the subject line because I disagreed with it, I couldn't reply at all without changing the subject line as it was too long, which is one of the most irritating issues this website has. That's what I was shouting about (the EDITED was a happy accident btw...).

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Alec said:

I think you missed my point, I didn't edit the subject line because I disagreed with it, I couldn't reply at all without changing the subject line as it was too long, which is one of the most irritating issues this website has. That's what I was shouting about (the EDITED was a happy accident btw...).

Then I beg your pardon.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Alec said:
The_Lhc said:
Alec said:

Then I beg your pardon.

No problem.

A

Anonymous

Alec said:
What did you upgrade?

my speakers: dyn's dm2/6 to the A6s.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Alec said:
The_Lhc said:
Alec said:

Then I beg your pardon.

See what i did there :roll:

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
shooter said:
Alec said:
The_Lhc said:
Alec said:

Then I beg your pardon.

See what i did there :roll:

Um...

A

Anonymous

Finally got around to listening to the Strokes, this is it, and I don't agree the sound quality is poor i think they chose this effect purposefully.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts