Monitor Audio Speaker Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Hi

Heard alot about the Monitor Audio R270hd and the RX6 on here and was just wondering what the difference between the two was? and how much better - if one is better between the two and by how much?

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The R270HD is from Monitor Audio's Radius HD range of style speakers - ultra-slim; lots of options for multichannel set-up; excellent performance for the size.

The RX6, however, is from the full-size, Silver RX range. Big speaker; big sound.

I've never heard the two side-by-side, but I see them fulfilling different purposes - the Radius speakers in a more style-led set-up, where the subwoofer's going to be doing more work; the Silvers where you are less concerned about appearance and want more of your money going on all-out performance.

A

Anonymous

Less concerned with apperance
emotion-3.gif

If I could marry my RX6's I would, they look amazing.. LOL

Just joking, but love the sound from my set-up

D

Deleted member 2457

Clare Newsome:

The R270HD is from Monitor Audio's Radius HD range of style speakers - ultra-slim; lots of options for multichannel set-up; excellent performance for the size.

The RX6, however, is from the full-size, Silver RX range. Big speaker; big sound.

I've never heard the two side-by-side, but I see them fulfilling different purposes - the Radius speakers in a more style-led set-up, where the subwoofer's going to be doing more work; the Silvers where you are less concerned about appearance and want more of your money going on all-out performance.

Excellent, thanks Clare
emotion-21.gif

Yep the 270hd do look slim and very nice and could probably fit into most people's setups, whereas i could see some people perhaps having problems fitting the RX6 in, depending on their home setups as they look very big.

Many thanks

D

Deleted member 2457

maxflinn:hi gel, are you thinking of making some changes?

I don't have any plans to no but the Monitor Audio speaker packages do interest me alot because of how well they seem to match with Pioneer amps. I have read alot in What HiFi with the brilliant new system builders feature about various combinations, also i have read and heard comments elsewhere to.

I am always going to be limited in my current setup with what tv i can buy due to the weight restrictions and there is no way i could have bought the Sony 46hx903 tv unless wall mounting was possibe which is not an option at present. So i do like to keep an open mind for the future but i love my current setup and these monitor audio speaker packages would have to be a sound that i really liked if i ever did do anything in the future.

Some time i will try and have a demo and see what all the fuss is about
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

yea you should check them out some time as you say...

the rx6's are excellent gel, for movies and music
emotion-21.gif

ive never heard the hd radius ones but they must be good as our knowledgable friend bigboss chose them
emotion-1.gif

Silverleaf

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I thought my new RX6's had a great Woman Acceptance Factor... now Clare finds them somewhat undiscreet
emotion-15.gif

To me, the RX6 is one the best smaller sized floorstander available, with an unmatched build quality in this price range.

The radius 270 is considerably taller, the RX6 is however somewhat beefier, but still smaller and thinner then it's rivals. It's bass is impressive but not causing any problems in my relative small living room with tiles on the floor.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
i don't personally find them indiscreet (my speakers are even larger); I was generalising - many homes/people don't have room/tolerance for full-size floorstanders

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the rx6s with the pioneer sc-lx72 like canada. The combination can be quit exspensive to setup for me anyway ,but well worth the upgade with the pioneer. I originally had the q acoustic and yamaha rx765 combo . The pioneer amp gave much more detail and greater surround stage, even at the lowest of volume which was a bonus in my house(kids) .When i am aloud to crank the volume up(Kids go to nannas) for movie the ma-rxs and pioneer 72 combo are simply brill well worth the extra £££ outlay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts