Monitor audio R90HD10 but with B&W PV1 sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

I am still agonising about what speaker package to go for to replace my Bose AM10 mkIII's.

My local hifi supplier is steering me towards the Monitor Audio R90HD10 set up, but has suggested a velodyne sub.

My question is, could i use a B&W PV1 sub with the MA front, surround and centre speakers as this seems to be the best sub from what i have read. I don't have the last copy of what hifi with me so i can't remember if downward firing subs like the one that comes with the R9010HD package would be that good.

any thoughts please.

A

Anonymous

I have heard that Bk subs are highly regarded and for a modest out lay they give a lot of bang for your buck, because they come straight from supplier there cheaper. The top of the line Monalith is much cheaper than the PV1 and gives better bass response on (paper that is) oh its downward firing as well. Down side it pretty big.

I was toying with idea of giving it a test but had to put it one side as it was just too big.

But in answer to your Question any decent sub can be used with the R90s its just be a little harder to balance them all out

Hope that helps

A

Anonymous

The PV1 is a great sub, but if it's not on view you can buy bigger bang for you buck. Look at some of the other MA subs like the RXW12, AW12 or outgoing RSW12, you would also then get a finish that matches your speakers.

TRENDING THREADS