Meridian Explorer2

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a a Meridian Explorer2 to connect to my hifi for streaming with Spotify and for playing 24bit 192kHz high resolution files. My own concern is that the USB cable from the PC to the hifi needs to be 5m. Is this likely to be an issue with the Explorer2 being host powered?

Also is it worth spending extra to get a audiophile USB cable?

Many thanks!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
your in the wrong forum for meridian advice - however the meridian forum is generally enthusiasts for meridian kit so it will likely be only positive experiences from them but they very helpful people

I have found some Meridian Products to be truly excellent others are good but there is better out there.

I am sure this is the same for all companies - they are very much worth "exploring" though

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
DistortedVision said:
I'm just trying to establish if using a 5m USB cable is likely to be an issue. Since I'm asking about a DAC, I don't see how I'm asking in the wrong forum.

I meant that you will get more advice from meridian owners in the meridian forum - not that many people seem to use their kit on this forum. I had missed the quesiton though admittedly sorry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts