Meridian Explorer

pupazaru

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Might be a stupid question but lets see. I want to connect to Meridian Explorer DAC a stereo amplifier and a headphone amplifier. Is it possible to connect the headphone amplifier to the headphone output without any relevant issues? I do not intent to use both outputs in the same time but nevertheless would that be a problem?

Kind Regards,
Cris

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
pupazaru said:
Hello,

Might be a stupid question but lets see. I want to connect to Meridian Explorer DAC a stereo amplifier and a headphone amplifier. Is it possible to connect the headphone amplifier to the headphone output without any relevant issues? I do not intent to use both outputs in the same time but nevertheless would that be a problem?

Kind Regards,
Cris

Hello mate - I would suggest asking this question on the Unplugged forum as its all very experienced Owners on there that will help you better and quicker than on here most probably :)

You cna also find out about more M products on there too

pauln

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Have you read this review? http://www.whathifi.com/review/meridian-explorer-dac

The explorer DAC is already a headphone amplifier, you don't need another one unless you have very hard to drive phones.The headphone out of the explorer can also go to a line in on a stereo amplifier, which may or may not have it's own headphone socket, or you could plug another headphone amp into the line out of the stereo amplifier.

Don't quite know what you're trying to achieve really.

jacking

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
The headphone output already is a headphone amp, so you might cause some damage (to your ears at least) if you use it this way. I have the Explorer and connect it from my Mac Mini to a pair of Audioengine 5+ powered speakers, but tried the headphone amp with my PSB M4U2 cans and forgot to disengage their headphone amp, and nearly blasted my head off. Even in passive mode they sounded much louder than I would normally use them in, so take care.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
jacking said:
The headphone output already is a headphone amp, so you might cause some damage (to your ears at least) if you use it this way. I have the Explorer and connect it from my Mac Mini to a pair of Audioengine 5+ powered speakers, but tried the headphone amp with my PSB M4U2 cans and forgot to disengage their headphone amp, and nearly blasted my head off. Even in passive mode they sounded much louder than I would normally use them in, so take care.

Even my soundcard on the computer does that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts