Marantz streaming glitches

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Marantz NA7004 downstairs and an MCR603 Melody Media upstairs. They both exhibit the same issue - the NA7004 was better until the latest firmware update, now it's as bad.

The issue is glitchy streaming from NAS drives on the network. Both players drop-out during play of FLAC files from a NAS drive making listening unpleasant and pointless. I assumed that it was a network plroblem so bought an additional NAS and connected to each in turn as directly as possible using just a cable and switch (tried different cables and switches to ensure they weren't the cause). This didn't fix it.

However, I noticed that when they do it, they both show 100% on the front (the buffer) so it's not a lack of data to the player, it's the player itself. Unplugging each and powering back up fixes both but on restart it does the full 2 minutes reconnection to the network. Trying to trck dwn the problem, I disabled Network Standby and the problem is fixed. However, every attempt to play music is now preceded by a 2 minute wait while the machine connects to the network.

Given both machines do it, I'm amazed I can't find anything on the internet about the issue as it looks to be a Marantz generic issue, probably introduced by one of the firmware updates as I don't think it would have passed it's original product testing in this condition.

Has anyone else experienced this and has anyone else been able to fix it without disabling Network Standby? Other than this I love both machines and would prefer not to change them. Any help gratefully received.

George

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
get in touch with Marantz and explain the situation if I were you. Sounds like you've done a good job of troubleshooting where the issue is, so sounds like they need to fix their firmware.

splasher

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Marantz who were sure it was a network problem, which I had assumed it was too but had systematically done everything I could to get the files right next to the players. After a few email exchanges they eventually showed me how to factory reset both to remove the software updates and both players are transformed. It's early days yet but they are both suddenly responsive and stutter free.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts