Arris TG862G router not connecting internet to wifi tv

Netty

Oct 29, 2023
Visit site
Roku TCL tv connects to the arris tg862g routers WI-FI network but won't connect to the internet. I use MAC auth and its is all set up just fine, and gets the wifi connection, as well, but won't get the internet connection. I have exhausted the trouble shooting topics, all the resets reconfigs, reboots, power cut resets, tech support line helpers, etc, blah, blah.... So I thought well update the firmware. So... I can't get this stupid smart tv to authenticate a USB image of its firmware "software" update file, as per the roku web site firmware update authentication process. It will get to the last step to update the firmware then says "error". It is all making me think that TCL tv's just don't work - I have tried with 2 different models and get the same result. Maybe there is an issue with the wifi versions of my older router vs new tv? I have been trying to get a roku tv to save the money buying a streamer device - but 'bout to give up on roku tv's. ANYONE been through this mire?

Netty

Oct 29, 2023
Visit site
I did, work with TCL helper, and with Roku helper - I actually have 3 tv's that all will connect to the network and the router but then not get internet. These 3 are, a new TCL-32S350 that is 2023 model, then one that is a Roku - 40R2A5R that is 2022 model, and an Insignia Roku tv that is 5 or so years old that I have not tried to connect until now. All of these can connect to the network and the router but then not get internet. So I am now thinking there is something about my router that is not working with TV's connecting. My Cell and my Notebooks all connect ok - So I am a bit stuck at this point. I use MAC authentication, but that is configured same as the cell and the notebooks. It seems that I am missing something... I have one more tv that I will probably try to connect wirelessly just to see if it will or won't work.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts