marantz pm8005 upgrade to abrahamsen 2up

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
I see one PM-14S1 that has 90Wpc in 8ohms and costs $3,000.
the one i was looking at was the marantz PM-14S1 SE in the uk its £1700 and then you have the £3000 amp which out my reach so is the PM-14S1 any good ? as an upgrade

Going from 70W to 90W is not much of an upgrade.

You forget it's 100 and 140watt since the Dali opticon 6 is 4 ohm speakers, but still no more then 2 db difference in spl,mabye in control and how deep the bass is from the marantz PM-14S1 SE (like nad have more bass then marantz) a bigger marantz could give more bass and control that black sabbath needs (the pop group with ozzy osbourne *blum3* )
hey you keep ozzy out of it pop group ! *smile*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
the one i was looking at was the marantz PM-14S1 SE in the uk its £1700 and then you have the £3000 amp which out my reach so is the PM-14S1 any good ? as an upgrade

You forget it's 100 and 140watt since the Dali opticon 6 is 4 ohm speakers, but still no more then 2 db difference in spl,mabye in control and how deep the bass is from the marantz PM-14S1 SE (like nad have more bass then marantz) a bigger marantz could give more bass and control that black sabbath needs (the pop group with ozzy osbourne *blum3* )

Also make sure the MM7025 doesn't heat up too much. Don't put anything on top of it. It's not rated into 4 ohms so it might not be stabile in low loads because of the modest power supply.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

Give me one Black Sabbath track with deep bass.
first album track 3. N.I.B , 7. warning but would not say its not real deep bass gezzer butler bass on the early albums master of reality 4. childen of the grave same butler bass he used to play it deep sounding cords

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

Also make sure the MM7025 doesn't heat up too much. Don't put anything on top of it. It's not rated into 4 ohms so it might not be stabile in low loads because of the modest power supply.
at the monment i do not have a hifi rack so i have the 8005 sitting on top of the cd player where do you think i should place the power amp at the top of the 8005 as this gets warm too i am working on a hifi rack

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

at the monment i do not have a hifi rack so i have the 8005 sitting on top of the cd player where do you think i should place the power amp at the top of the 8005 as this gets warm too i am working on a hifi rack

Oh, just noticed on photos it has a cooling tunnel and a cooling fan. No worries then, put the 8005 on top of it.
thumbs_up.gif

BTW, I get more bass from banging a tin pan than anything played by Black Sabbath, including the tracks mentioned that I'm now hearing. This is the perfect band for a 30W amplifier.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

Oh, just noticed on photos it has a cooling tunnel and a cooling fan. No worries then, put the 8005 on top of it.

BTW, I get more bass from banging a tin pan than anything played by Black Sabbath, including the tracks mentioned that I'm now hearing. This is the perfect band for a 30W amplifier.
i have other music that goes a lot deeper not just blacksabbath / ozzy manower , overkill , grand magus ,metallica , AC/DC , anihilator , iced earth , pantera ,xentrix , iron maiden , great white , gun& rose's and then i got some fast hard gore dance tracks i have a wide tast in music even like classical

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

Mabye on the flor between the speakers (power amp) have you remembered to get some more speaker cable if you only using single wire?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gasolin said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

Mabye on the flor between the speakers (power amp) have you remembered to get some more speaker cable if you only using single wire?
yes i have some atles speaker cable left over anyway how come you live in denmark and do not own a set of dalis speakers you should be proud that you have a good speaker maker were you come from *good*

gasolin

Vladimir said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

Give me one Black Sabbath track with deep bass.

Well isn't it what blacksabbath25 want's? Better bass/control? Don't know enough about black sabbath to know if they have made any song with deep bass

gasolin

Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

yes i have some atles speaker cable left over anyway how come you live in denmark and do not own a set of dalis speakers you should be proud that you have a good speaker maker were you come from *good*

Don't want to own concept and zensor again they have a to bright sound charateristic, lektor to small and don't like the front ports, ikon doesn't have good enough bass (mk1) and opticon 2 are 600£ and that's to much Dali mentor menuet se is on sale for 500£ a pair (also to much) and they are to small (bass).

If i where to get some danish speakers, mabye it would be dynaudio DM 2/7 i'm not looking for speaker i have had boston a 2. for about almost 21 month (although different size all boston a 2.) i don't want to change that atm

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

ok here is a good track for drum bass manower they are making the drums sound like v 8 engine the album is called the triumph of steel its track 1 but you will have to wait for the drum solo part of the song to start as its one long song .

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
I see one PM-14S1 that has 90Wpc in 8ohms and costs $3,000.?

?

You forget it's 100 and 140watt since the  Dali opticon 6 is 4 ohm speakers, but still no more then 2 db difference in spl,mabye in control and how deep the bass is  from the marantz PM-14S1 SE (like nad have more bass then marantz) a bigger marantz could give more bass and control that  black sabbath needs (the pop group with ozzy osbourne *blum3* )

at the monment i do not have a hifi rack  so i have  the 8005 sitting on top of the cd player where do you think i should place the power amp at the top of the 8005 as this gets warm too i am working on a hifi rack

Oh, just noticed on photos it has a cooling tunnel and a cooling fan. No worries then, put the 8005 on top of it.?

ok here is a good track for drum bass manower they are making the drums sound like v 8 engine the album is called the triumph of steel  its track 1 but you will have to wait for the drum solo part of the song to start as its one long song .

Manowar. Now there's a blast from the past - 'all men play on 10'.

Saw them playing in Newport (must have been sometime in the 80's) where they didn't make a great entrance when they announced to the mainly Welsh home audience "hello England".

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
gasolin said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:

ok here is a good track for drum bass manower they are making the drums sound like v 8 engine the album is called the triumph of steel its track 1 but you will have to wait for the drum solo part of the song to start as its one long song .

The drum solo around 9 min into the song? It has zero deep bass. Here is how it would sound if it had. Drums don't go very low, plus they are tuned intentionally to have less bass for playing metal. They need to be fast, zingy and with little decay.

gasolin

deep bass (not techno,edm,rock it's music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTTNtFewtsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZCGeu6STwg

Dubstep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGCsyshUU-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxIOUJ7by6U

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
nice lady ! right ok last try to beat you on the bass ..... hardcore ..... headhunterz track.... the sacrifice . ok just seen the links that kind of i understand try this ... the aristocrats ... track .. flatlands or jeff beck but this is a live track 3 . brush with the blues

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
nice lady ! right ok last try to beat you on the bass ..... hardcore ..... headhunterz track.... the sacrifice .

It has to be a metal track.
1329722148.gif
Manowar is mandolin music. Metal stinks. Rock rulzzzzz. Well, almost.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
nice lady ! right ok last try to beat you on the bass ..... hardcore ..... headhunterz track.... the sacrifice .

It has to be a that smooth jazz? Because I know this and this were not inspired by Kenny G.
what can i say they got long hair ! try rob zombie track thunder kiss ' 65

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Damn it! I was listening to piano chick music...

Sully has some punchy bass and JDevil has the deep end, though I don't like nu metal.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

It has to be a that smooth jazz? Because I know this and this were not inspired by Kenny G.

This! I like it because it flavors like stoner metal.

BeavisHeadbang.gif

Iron Maiden - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and all that metal egyptology and UFOlogy extracted from bathroom literature like Erich Von Daniken is booooorrrrrriiiiiiiingggggg.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

This! I like it because it flavors like stoner metal.

Iron Maiden - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, and all that metal egyptology and UFOlogy extracted from bathroom literature like Erich Von Daniken is booooorrrrrriiiiiiiingggggg.
i have most of the candlemass albums that's doom metal a bit like sabbath - iron maiden and grand magus

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts