Marantz MCR603 with BX2 or Zensor 1 speakers ?

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
This should be my original post:-

I should hopefully get some money very soon and want to upgrade my Denon DM37 to a Marantz MCR603 before it may be dis-continued, and would like to know which speakers would sound the best and at lower volumes the BX2 OR Zensor 1 Speakers, thanks ?

gasolin

The Dali zensor 1 is a very good speaker the weakest link (or what you would call it) is that it dosn't have so much bass, not that the bass isn't good enough, theres just not much bass.

Havn't heard the ma bx2, you might also consider Boston Acoustics A26

malifact

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard the Zensor 1s, but I originally had the BX2s with the MCR603. I actually found the bass to be too much on the BX2s and ended up returning them. I ended up getting the Monitor Audio RX1s instead and the sound is much better.

Snooker

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the information, I suppose at the end of the day we all have different taste's and hear things slightly differently regarding speakers, I have looked at reviews on other speakers as well and hopefully if my money comes along will buy the MCR603 with the Zensor speakers, as I do not like too much bass and prefere clarity and definition etc, and again not that I would but could buy a separate sub woofer if really actually required

Its funny I am 49 years old now, and when I was around 20 had a sharp cabinet hi-fi system with the glass door, with a turn table and radio tuner and tape deck, and that played all sorts of music very well indeed with its given speakers at the time, so hope the MCR603 with the Zensor speakers will do the same so long as this system is still available in a couple of month's time when I hope to get some money

paddyb

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
If you’re getting a 603 with Dali’s, consider the silver option. The trim around the cones on the Dali’s is a perfect match and looks really classy. I think they’re right for your needs if on a budget and looking for detail and can forgo a bit of bass. I actually exchanged mine for Wharfdale 121’s as I felt I needed just a bit more bass and depth.

If you’re still not sure, try and get to a dealer to have a demo, they will normally allow you to try at home and exchange if you're not happy. And check what bundle offers Richer Sounds etc have with the 603, you’ll probably find some good offers with Dali’s, Wharfdales and others.

TRENDING THREADS