My HiFi Disaster.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Your speaker cone is a little like finger prints. I notice from an old photo, one of the Dali Speakers had a tiny line mark on the woofer.
The returned speakers from buyer, one that was damaged did not have that marked line. So yes it does appear I was the victim of a scam.
I would suggest, always when you sell something on eBay you take photo of the serial number.
There are some right custards out there Jason :rage:

Reactions: Jasonovich

Dom

Thanks Dom, it's water under the bridge, I replaced the damaged tweeter and hunky dory. I will go to the police if it was a hate crime, you know someone calling me A Cable Lover ha ha ha :ROFLMAO:
I like your sentiment.

However, the Police can track individuals or organisations and gather evidence. No-one wants to be scammed, jay.

And I won't call you a cable lover, buddy.

Reactions: Jasonovich

Jasonovich

Jul 28, 2022
Visit site
I like your sentiment.

However, the Police can track individuals or organisations and gather evidence. No-one wants to be scammed, jay.

And I won't call you a cable lover, buddy.
Thanks Dom I appreciate your kind comments.
I will suggest to eBay as good practice that sellers should be encouraged to provide documented evidence of product serial number or photos prior to selling.
This should discourage scammers.
Lessons learnt.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts