Marantz 40N vs Cambridge Audio CXA81+Cxn v2

yohann

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Hello,

I am currently looking to upgrade my HIFI system and was looking at the Marantz 40N vs Cambridge Audio CXA81 + the streamer CXN V2 which would run through Dali speakers Zensor towers.

Any recommendations from the community?
thanks a lot in advance.

Yohann

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi Yohann. You have very interesting question. Both amps are among class leaders. Marantz is a bit warmer fuller sounding, CA cxa81 is more neutral, clearer and has more dynamic sound. Choice is on you. Pls. try to hear both of them before you will select your winner. Dali speakers is excellent brand. I like them a lot. And they ate getting better year by year. BR. Juraj

yohann

Feb 15, 2024
Visit site
Hello!

I have a pre amp project audio for the phono so we guess I could use any analog channel then , I don’t mind the two boxes …
unfortunately no dealers around my place having those pieces available.
Heard the 40n is really good but that HEOS isn’t that user friendly …on the other hand the Cambridge with the CXN looks quite nice but not sure about the « sound and whether it will fit with my Dali …

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Cambridge Audio is very neutral nad universal choice. Combination with Dali is no problem. Heos I do not like. But this is my opinion. You may look also on NAD amp with integrayed Bluos platform. This is solide not too expensive and universal choice. Also works well with Dali. Or some small Hegel amp. But Hegel tend to be more expensive. But sound is better. Also Rega has excellent new Rega Elex mk4 witg very good Dac on the board. Ut to 1500 eur there is no other amp with better sound. Regards. Juraj

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts