Mains cable required for wall mounted TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Bit of a novice in the world of AV but learning fast. Can anyone advise on the following....I want to replace the mains lead to my Samsung 6 series 40inch TV but it's wall mounted with a bracket bought from Curry's digital and the clearance behind the back of the unit and the wall is quite tight.

I am currently using the cable provided that has a right angle fitment. Cannot find any decent cables online that have this and my Copper Line Alpha I have for my amp sticks out way too far. Only Richer Sounds advertises a RH mains cable but it is cheap and probably no better than Ithe kettle lead I already have. Any ideas.

Do TV's and Blu Ray benefit from cable upgrades as much as CD players and Amps anyway ?

Finally, Mark Grant cables are not mentioned or reviewed in WHFS&V, are they any good ?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Somewhere like maplin would have an angled plug which you could stick on the end of your desired lead, but it won't be anything oh-la-la.

Considered chopping a bit of wall out to get a straight plug to fit?
emotion-2.gif
It'll be hidden by the telly and all...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Indeed, Maplin do both right-angled mains leads in 1, 2 and 3m lengths, and a right-angle socket for the TV end of the cable here.

And I am sure some of the companies making cables to order must offer these plugs as an option: yours can hardly be an unusual requirement.

A

Anonymous

Good idea, I may see if I can request they bespoke the order for me. Regarding my other points.....any experience on how good Mark Grant cables are ? and if adding one to my TV and Blu Ray is likely to yeid much benefit ?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi Feedy,

I had the same issue, mounted a 40" Samsung and couldn't plug the copper line alpha into it. I phoned Clearer audio and they emailed me a photo of a right angle IEC. They also do horizontal right angled ones. Both are £5 on top of the regular price. Interestingly it doesn't come up on the options on line. You have to call them to order it I think.

Hope that helps

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. I will get in touch with them. Did the new cable make a difference?

A

Anonymous

Use a RA classic powerkord on my Samsung 46" plugged into a Tacima, makes a noticable improvement to the picture.
My TV is fed with a SB signal upgraded to full HD through my Onkyo 875.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Trevor...Had not considered Russ Andrews but had a look at their site and it sounds good and more reasonably priced than I imagined. Alternatively to that, I am tempted to push the boat out slightly more than the Copper-Line Alpha (my original choice as I already own and rate one) purely as it's rated for sub £500 components. My TV , though depreciated over the last year probably warrants me spending slightly more.

So I now have an ever growing shortlist for my new 2m TV mains....Clearer Audio (Silver Line?)....RA Powercord....Chord Superscreen...Mark Grant cable. Its a boost to picture performance I want...anyone out there happy to recommend (and then hopefully I will be able to get the right hand fitment fitted upon order!!!)

A

Anonymous

I also Have 2 x BT MTU's which are as good as any Mains conditioners i have tried. (including RA's Balanced Mains Unit 3000 From £2,960!)

I was surprised to find there was no improvement plugging the TV into the BT unit with the Kowercord as against directly into the Tacima.......clean is clean is clean as far as the Picture goes, a different story with the AV Amp / Tunner and BR Player.
Musical performance is much improved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts