MA RX6 plus Marantz CD6003 and PM7004 vs NAD

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to HiFi and need your advice.

I had a chance to listen to MA RX6 plus NAD C326BEE and NAD C545BEE and liked it (thought I didn’t listen too long). However, I read many good reviews on Marantz 6003 series. Unfortunately, I do not have possibility to demo Marantz with MA RX6. I am thinking about Marantz CD6003 and PM7004 combo (I thought it is worth to go with slightly more powerful amp than PM6003).

Do you think Marantz would sound better than NAD with MA RX6? Or should I try NAD C356BEE and NAD C565BEE?

Besides I also domo Dali Ikon 6 Mk2 (with NAD’s) and liked them very much. However, I am not sure they will fit well inb my room as it is quite small (3.5 m on 5 m) and it seems that Dalis need enough room to breathe.

I listen to various music (from Depeche Mode, to RHCP, to Piazzolla Libertango). What I like is when it sounds openly, unrestricted, but is still detailed. It is also important that music sounds good when it is not loud.

Any thoughts? Thanks

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I use the NAD C326 myself. Great amp with more than enough power.

You can't go wrong with the Marantz amps either. Both the PM6003 and PM7004 are great amps.

The RX6 and Ikon 6 don't need a lot of power so I think you'll be fine with either the C326 or PM6003.

A

Anonymous

Hi there, I own the Marantz CD6003 and PM7004.

I have not heard the sound coming from the NAD but I can share some of my experience with you for Marantz.

The sound character of Marantz appears more on the musical side very natural and treble happy for me.
I find the Tri Tone control useful especially the mid control and its a wonderful thing to have to add in colors for your listening pleasure. Most of the time I am listening to source direct function which music from the CD player CD6003 bypass the PM7004 without any filter from the Tri Tone control.

My comments for the CD6003 is its a cheap and good CD player, it musical more like the signature of Marantz and produce decently clear clarity and details. The USB port work wonders for my Ipod.

I believe the the Marantz CD6003 and PM7004 is a good entry level system to have and generally Marantz match well with most of the speakers like MA, Kef, Dali etc... but subjective sometime.

Its always good for you to find out the sound coming out from the RX6 from Marantz system because HIFI is a never ending quest of searching the correct sound that you like. Some may prefer musical and open others may like it warm and vocal.

Ultimately the end result is coming from the speaker and choosing the correct pair of speaker win half the battle! Married the wrong AMP and CD play to the speaker would bring you disaster! Trust only your ear! Choose wisely! Good luck in your quest. :)

A

Anonymous

i used to own rx6s paired with a c326bee, i changed the nad for a pm6003 because i felt it was too bassy, and not as open sounding as i would have liked.

the marantz done the trick, i found it gave a better balanced sound, enough bass without being overpowering..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts