lovefilm on sony bdp-370

A

Anonymous

I had a few problems trying to register to use the service, at the http://internet.sony.tv/bravia site, and contacted the Sony support desk.

They have just informed me that Sony is no longer going to offer the Sony Essentials Internet TV service, (e.g. Love Film), and a futer firmware update will remove this feature from the product!!!

This is a massive shock, as this was one of the main reasons I bought the player.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Answer from Sony's PR company is that you were given incorrect information by the customer support people, harveyai - no plan to withdraw the service.

Sony Europe is coming back to me with a definitive statement on the matter.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
harveyai:They have just informed me that Sony is no longer going to offer the Sony Essentials Internet TV service, (e.g. Love Film), and a futer firmware update will remove this feature from the product!!!

Getting BBC iPlayer on TV was the only reason I bought the S370.

I hope this survives.

[Edit] Just got off the phone to Sony UK Support myself. They categorically stated there are no plans to remove Sony Internet TV service from any product.

A

Anonymous

The lovefilm feature was the reason I got another blueray player. I'd be very surprised if they withdrew that service as it's all over their advertising as a feature.

It works really well. the streaming is perfect and the video quality, though it can vary a bit from film to film is DVD quality. A lot of the films I've never heard of, but since I've had it, they do seem to have added more well known films, though many of them are a few years old. They seem to be adding all the time.

If you want to see what films they have, go to the lovefilm website and see what they offer as free films on their watch on line section, as most of them, though not all, seem to be available via the Sony link.

You need to have an unlimited lovefilm subscription which start a £9.99, though I joined via an Amazon link just over a year ago and I got it for a £1 cheaper. You still get bluerays through the post and the download service is a free extra.

F

FunkyMonkey

Andrew Everard:UPDATE FROM SONY: There are are absolutely no plans to terminate any of these services.

I believed Chebby when he told us 6.5 hours ago. ;-)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Considering Chebby's source was the same as the erroneous original, I prefer our straight-from-the-product-department clarification
emotion-5.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Indeed: I think you'll find chebby got his reassurance from the same customer service centre who told harveyai it was all about to be canned, and who are now possibly going home rather grumpy for the weekend having been 'spoken to' a bit...
emotion-5.gif

My confirmation comes from the people who make the decisions, not those who channel the information.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replys,this would be the reason for me to get the bdp-370 as at the moment i use my ps3 slim to watch my blue rays on.
This takes me to another question which has proberbly allready be answered before,AM I GOING TO SEE A DIFFERANCE IN PICTURE ON MY PANA V10 USING THE 370 COMPARED TO MY PS3,thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts