Question Sony blu-ray 2023 ?

Iwho69

Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi guys and girls, I'm looking at getting the Sony x800m2 , just wondering will Sony bring out new blu-ray players to go with there new amps this year , if you think they will I'll hold off for a bit and have a look at them.
Thanks

DCarmi

I considered getting a 4K player a few months ago (and opted not, to due to price of media).

I wouldn't hold my breath. Whilst the X800M2 is about 4 years old now, not many of the major companies seem to be producing new bluray hardware and nothing new is obvious on the horizon. Especially with media sales falling.

That said, you never know... but how long are you willing to wait?

Reactions: Al ears

leemccann1

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi

not sure aout any new models but I have just had an X800m2 for w while that a freind loaned me, using a 77" LG c1 oled i found the picture amazing.

I dont have a 4k blu ray player but I am considering getting the sony x800 as I want to just get a few discs that are my favourite films where I know I will get the best sound and picture and the wont vanish from steraming apps, also some of thefilms on streaming apps are not $k or dont have atmos etc so depite thinking I would not go down the physical route again (after spending £1000's in the past on dvd and blu ray) i do think it is worth while for that special movie moment.

the x700 review from whathi did say the picture was better than the 800 but not used that one...

Reactions: Iwho69

Iwho69

Aug 10, 2020
Visit site
Thanks Guys, I should also say I'll be also be playing SACD and Blu-ray audio, it's looking like the Sony x800m2, I think as leemccann said spending 1000's is not worth it for a product that changes so often!

TRENDING THREADS