LOTR trilogy Extended Editions on blu

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have they announced when this will be released yet?

Cant decide whether to wait for the extended editions, but from what i recall, it was going to be quite a while before they were released....

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
They haven't made an official announcement, but several (reliable) sources are saying 2011 - even 2012 - before the extended editions appear on Blu-ray.

The desire seems to be to cash in on the hoopla surrounding the cinema release of The Hobbit - but as this has been subject to so many delays (the latest seeing Guillermo del Toro have to jump ship as director) and is now set for 2012 release....

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
After having had the 3 extended versions for years on DVD I've recently watched the first two on Blu Ray.

They are the first BDs which have really wowed me as I've noticed very little different in PQ between DVD and BD so far - and I actually liked going back to the theatrical versions as they seem better put together and don't go on so blummin' long...

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:
roger06:They are the first BDs which have really wowed me as I've noticed very little different in PQ between DVD and BD so far

Is that statement correct?

yes , in the same way that saying today is the best day ever is correct
emotion-11.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

I saw them in HMV and they did not look anything special.

A

Anonymous

im watching the two towers bd now , great picture , much better than the dvd imo ...

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
roger06:They are the first BDs which have really wowed me as I've noticed very little different in PQ between DVD and BD so far

Yes ! It's my opinion
emotion-43.gif
On all other BDs I've watched, if it wasn't my system and I just walked in to see one playing I'd have just assumed a good telly and a good DVD player... But with these ones I've REALLY noticed stunning picture quality.

Andy Grange

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
roger06:FrankHarveyHiFi:

Yes ! It's my opinion
emotion-43.gif
On all other BDs I've watched, if it wasn't my system and I just walked in to see one playing I'd have just assumed a good telly and a good DVD player... But with these ones I've REALLY noticed stunning picture quality.

I think he means that you've put the blu-rays wowed you, then put there's very little difference between DVD and BD? It reads like two conflicting opinions in the same sentence!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
gel:I saw them in HMV and they did not look anything special.

I think making a judgement based on how they look on the TVs in HMV might be a little rash...

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
Andy Grange:roger06:FrankHarveyHiFi:

Yes ! It's my opinion
emotion-43.gif

I think he means that you've put the blu-rays wowed you, then put there's very little difference between DVD and BD? It reads like two conflicting opinions in the same sentence!No it doesn't. He is saying that the Lord of the RIngs blu-rays are the first that he thinks is a big improvement on the equivalent DVD. Perfectly clear to me.

A

Anonymous

well apart from some dodgy scenes in the fellowship of the rings , the trilogy on bd is very good , but not great imo , however , the dvds were poor for me , so , i do think there is a big difference between the trilogy on bd and dvd , the biggest of any movie/s ?? dunno ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts