Looking for new amplifier, help needed.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

newlash09

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
ErwinC said:
MUSICRAFT said:
insider9 said:
Hi insider9

Rost is also available in Black finish. Fwiw, our new stock of Rost listed @ £700 is in Black finish *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

That is a VERY low price. In Belgium the price is €2500.

There is a regular ferry from Antwerp to UK. Passed it a couple of times. Worth a ride to grab that deal from music craft at that price :)

insider9

MUSICRAFT said:
insider9 said:
 I've not suggested Rost as it's under 100Wpc and only available in white. 

Hi insider9

Rost is also available in Black finish. Fwiw, our new stock of Rost listed @ £700 is in Black finish *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
Wow Rick, everything I've read suggested one finish.

Sabbath would probably prefer black anyway ;)

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
insider9 said:

Hi insider9

Rost is also available in Black finish. Fwiw, our new stock of Rost listed @ £700 is in Black finish *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

yes I would but wouldn’t mind the next model up is that the Hegel H160 or H190

ErwinC said:
MUSICRAFT said:
insider9 said:
Hi insider9

Rost is also available in Black finish. Fwiw, our new stock of Rost listed @ £700 is in Black finish *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

That is a VERY low price. In Belgium the price is €2500.

Hi ErwinC

Thanks and it follows. UK RRP is £2200. At less then a 1/3 of retail makes the Rost a no brainer. 3 new Hegel Rost amps for the price of 1 and with change to spare *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Gray

chris_bates1974 said:
Sorry to hijack, but.... what is a potentiometer, and why would someone not want to have one?

It's another name for the conventional type of volume control that alters volume by moving a wiper along a track of varying electrical resistance. Stereo amps use a dual ganged version and tracking errors can lead to channel inbalances. Contamination between wipers and track can lead to audible problems too.

Electronic volume controls (such as the one on your Cyrus) don't suffer the same problems. That's not to say that channel inbalances are non-exsistent with EV controls, but what there are should be insignificant.

(I've also got a Cyrus amp, so far trouble-free for 16 years, not least because of its volume control and source selection methods).

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
chris_bates1974 said:
Sorry to hijack, but.... what is a potentiometer, and why would someone not want to have one?

If you have sensitive speakers and use an amp with a potentiometer, it is sometimes impossible to (fine) control the volume at lower settings with the remote control.

The volume jumps up/down with 2-3dB or more with 1 push on the remote control up/down button.

Denon, Yamaha and some others suffer from this problem.

There is also the problem of inbalance in output between the left and right channel. There can be a difference of 1-2dB between the left and right channel at lower volume settings.

Blacksabbath25 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
insider9 said:

Hi insider9

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
good value for money

Hi Bs25

Just a bit and then some *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

insider9 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
insider9 said:

Hi insider9

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi insider9

Rost looks classy in the Black finish *smile*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts