Looking for new amplifier, help needed.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I am looking (already for quite some time now without succes) for an integrated amplifier with the following requirements:

- must be available in black and no higher than 18 cm

- volume control without potentiometer

- dimmable display that show the current volume setting

- at least 2 x 100 Watt at 8 Ohm (measured)

- good DAC included

- price max £3000

The only one i found for the moment is the Rotel RA-1592 but i did not like the sound and the transformer hummed. The speakers i currently have are the B&W 705 S2.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
jjbomber said:
ErwinC said:
Do they have black components?

H360 is black and ticks every box. Leema Pulse iV is not a bad option, but is rated at 80 watts. Still far too loud for any living room.

Thanks or the info. The Leema Pulse (or Quasar) looks indeed a possible solution. The Hegel H360 is probably too expensive.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
gasolin said:
Nad C388, half or less than half your budget and 150 watt pr channel in 8 ohm,dynamic 250watt in 8ohm, you won't get a much bette amp for the money

Do you know if the C388 is better than the C390DD?

gasolin

ErwinC said:
gasolin said:
Nad C388, half or less than half your budget and 150 watt pr channel in 8 ohm,dynamic 250watt in 8ohm, you won't get a much bette amp for the money

No idea, the C388 is a newer model, it's up to you to deside from all the suggestion what you want to hear and what you like best, but the big nad do rock music pretty good

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
gasolin said:
ErwinC said:
gasolin said:

No idea, the C388 is a newer model, it's up to you to deside from all the suggestion what you want to hear and what you like best, but the big nad do rock music pretty good

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I plan on listening to:

NAD C388

Leema Acoustics Pulse IV

Leema Quasar

Hegel H190

gasolin

Nad C388, half or less than half your budget and 150 watt pr channel in 8 ohm,dynamic 250watt in 8ohm, you won't get a much better amp for the money

g745C388-F.jpg

nadc388gr_9.jpg

insider9

ErwinC said:
List updated, Leema removed because not available for listening where i live:

NAD C388

Hegel Röst

Hegel H190
I've not suggested Rost as it's under 100Wpc and only available in white. Magazines had it measures at 91W from memory (75W spec).

However I can highly recommend it as been using mine for over a month. There's lots of reviews on the web including one that I wrote no so long ago. The NAD looks interesting.

Where abouts are you based?

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
insider9 said:
I've not suggested Rost as it's under 100Wpc and only available in white. Magazines had it measures at 91W from memory (75W spec).

However I can highly recommend it as been using mine for over a month. There's lots of reviews on the web including one that I wrote no so long ago. The NAD looks interesting.

Where abouts are you based?

Belgium

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts