Looking for a good Hi-Fi store near Gatwick Airport

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello.

Can someone reccommend a good (and cheap :) ) Hi-Fi store near Gatwick airport?

I will be in transit there for the day and wanted to use the opportunity to pick up a DAC and a Hi-Fi amplifier.The UK prices are WAY lower than over here!

The models I would be considering are:

NAD C326BEE

Marantz PM6003

Cambridge Audio Azur 650A

And for the DAC a Cambridge Audio DACmagic.

I will also be buying speakers, but I think those would be to bulky to take with me on a flight.

Does someone know if I can get the VAT refunded at Gatwick?

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
rjes:

Hello.

Can someone reccommend a good (and cheap :) ) Hi-Fi store near Gatwick airport?

I will be in transit there for the day and wanted to use the opportunity to pick up a DAC and a Hi-Fi amplifier.The UK prices are WAY lower than over here!

The models I would be considering are:

NAD C326BEE

Marantz PM6003

Cambridge Audio Azur 650A

And for the DAC a Cambridge Audio DACmagic.

I will also be buying speakers, but I think those would be to bulky to take with me on a flight.

Does someone know if I can get the VAT refunded at Gatwick?

I hope you are not flying with BA, in the Christmas period because you may get the chance to visit all Tottenham Court Road in London while you are waiting.

You can get VAT refunded at all UK foreign transit airports.Theres are a few Hifi shops in the 60 mile vicinity of Gatwick but you would be better going a bit further afield to get the bargains.It all depends what you would have to pay in your country and the risk involved in warranty issues.

A

Anonymous

Thanks!

I think I should be able to leave the airport..

As for the prices:

Cambridge Audio DacMagic: 350 pounds here, 230 at Richer Sounds...

Cambridge Audio Azur 650A: 535 pounds here, 350 at Richer Sounds...

So if I were to buy both of those, I would be saving some 300 pounds!

A

Anonymous

Phone ahead and ask the shop if they help with VAT for export sales. Some do, some don't. Those that do will help you out with the proper receipts and forms at the shop. My wife routinely claims back the VAT on stuff we buy for here and the kids when she comes over from the USA. The refunds take a while (this is the British governement giving money back after all) but they do come through eventually. Oh, and VAT goes back up to 17.5% in January, remember.

A

Anonymous

There are also shops in Guildford, such as Sevenoaks Sound and Vision. Or Guildford Audio. This is South of London towards Gatwick, but not quite as far out.....

Not sure if Audio-T have any branches that way?

A

Anonymous

Thanks!

Iïll give Richer sounds a call and ask if they have what I want and whether they have those vat refund forms needed.

As is I am 80% decided in the NAD C326BEE, Cambridge DACMagic (or a Beresford Caiman), and B&W 685.

This should go together nicely dont you think????

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Are you allowed to leave Gatwick?If so, train to London Bridge, Richer Sounds there...There is an RS in Croydon which is nearer to Gatwick.

http://www.hifi-dealers.co.uk/

There are also some in Sussex as per the link above

A

Anonymous

Two points ...

Are you sure that you will not have to pay import taxes when returning? That may consume a lot of your benefits.

The VAT return procedure will change 1-1-2010 due to new EU rules.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts