Linn DS model numbers??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm a happy Akurate owner, was able to do the same as Alex and pick up a demo for around 25% off.

When I was researching my purchase I started this thread over on the Linn site: http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=18244

But I'd be giving that Renew some very serious consideration! If your system is of a similar standard it should be worth it.

The guy who is selling it is a regular contributor on the Linn forums, he knows his stuff. I had a very brief conversation with him about a similar unit (possibly the same one). If I'd been over there and in a position to listen to it my decision may well have been to go that way. Get in contact with him, he has a shop online, I'm sure he'd be happy to talk to you.

PS, dont be put off by the aethetic difference. The LCD display on the front of the newer units is nice but honestly it serves no real purpose IMO. If you're controlling it from your PC or iPad thats all the visual imput you need.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Chewy said:
Unfortunately you've just described me with that sentence - its something of a curse! Hence why I'm in a bit of a dilemma!

In which case, get the Renew, provided there is a reasonable balance left on the 5 year warranty.

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
In which case, get the Renew, provided there is a reasonable balance left on the 5 year warranty.

Yep, warranty until July 2016!

Needless to say, button pushed, bullet bitten - I am soon to become a Linn Klimax (Renew) owner! 8)

Thanks for your help guys, and good spot Acalex!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Chewy said:
CnoEvil said:

Needless to say, button pushed, bullet bitten - I am soon to become a Linn Klimax (Renew) owner! 8)

We expect a report on the DS thread, from our now new member! :bounce:

I suspect it will exceed your expectations by some margin......hopefully. :shifty:

Neuphonix

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Chewy said:
CnoEvil said:

I suspect it will exceed your expectations by some margin......hopefully. :shifty:

Wow! No mucking around there! look forward to hearing how it goes. Do you have a NAS drive yet?

Cno, do second hand sales still count towards your Christmas bonus?! ;)

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Chewy said:
CnoEvil said:

Great, glad I could help ;)

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Neuphonix said:
Wow! No mucking around there! look forward to hearing how it goes. Do you have a NAS drive yet?

I've had the finger on the trigger for a while hovering over Naim streamers, but figured from what I had read, a second hand Linn would be a better bet - once I understood the slightly confusing model numbers it was good to go!

Yes, I have an UnRaid server that serves music, movies and other media to a Sonos system and media players around the house. So hopefully it'll just be a quick install to get the Klimax up and running!

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

Absolutely, I'll add some comment to your thread once I've had chance to test it out.

My reference point for streamers is a ZP90, so it certainly should exceed that! If it doesn't then I know where to find you! :twisted: (Joking!)

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Chewy said:
Absolutely, I'll add some comment to your thread once I've had chance to test it out.

My reference point for streamers is a ZP90, so it certainly should exceed that! If it doesn't then I know where to find you! >). (Joking!)

IMO The Klimax DS/1 is as good a digital source as is out there and the Klimax DS/0 is not that far behind........and I have heard a £45k 4 box DCS Scarlatti CDP.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
You have got a nice deal there, if it was available at the time I bought my ds I would have taken the same for sure ;)

We expect detailed reports and pictures ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts