The Linn DS / DSM thread

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Kubs said:
Hello - what's a good price for a second hand linn Akurate ds 2 with exakt links (whatever that is)?

I've seen one for £2500 ... It means buying blind though (what could possibly go wrong).

Not sure...maybe others can help.

There is not a lot to go wrong with a DS...but personally, I'd rather buy Used/Ex-Dem from a Dealer, if spending that sort of money...so should get some kind of warrenty/back up. Chances are, it will have been a unit they sold and will know the owner.
Cheers, cno. It's from a dealer so purchase is protected. Having read so many positive things about linn DS I really want to hear how it fits in with my system.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Kubs said:
CnoEvil said:
Kubs said:
Hello - what's a good price for a second hand linn Akurate ds 2 with exakt links (whatever that is)?

I've seen one for £2500 ... It means buying blind though (what could possibly go wrong).

Not sure...maybe others can help.

There is not a lot to go wrong with a DS...but personally, I'd rather buy Used/Ex-Dem from a Dealer, if spending that sort of money...so should get some kind of warrenty/back up. Chances are, it will have been a unit they sold and will know the owner.
Cheers, cno. It's from a dealer so purchase is protected. Having read so many positive things about linn DS I really want to hear how it fits in with my system.

If it's from a dealer...then it sounds a reasonable price to me. You don't have to ask me as to whether it will be a great purchase. *angel*

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
Kubs said:

Hi Kubs

From a dealer that's probably about right but bear in mind that it's probably non-Katalyst (Linn's new DAC board) and as such there are likely to be a few coming on to the 2nd hand market as existing Linn owners upgrade or buy new ones. That will drive the prices for non-Katalyst models down.

Despite that, the Akurate range is still of an excellent standard and a worthy buy.

I hope you enjoy it if you decide to go for it.

Kubs

Nov 8, 2007
Visit site
Paulq said:
Kubs said:

Hi Kubs

From a dealer that's probably about right but bear in mind that it's probably non-Katalyst (Linn's new DAC board) and as such there are likely to be a few coming on to the 2nd hand market as existing Linn owners upgrade or buy new ones. That will drive the prices for non-Katalyst models down.

Despite that, the Akurate range is still of an excellent standard and a worthy buy.

I hope you enjoy it if you decide to go for it.
Cheers, paulq. I believe one could upgrade to a kataylst .... Talking of which, has anyone heard from Pedro? He was going to post his impressions of the upgrade ...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts