LG or Panasonic

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thinking of getting the LG 6900 FOR AROUND 600 or the PG 3000 464 or would it still be better to spend the extra cash and go for the Panasonic px 80 is there that much in it to spend over 100 more on the Panasonic

Thanks

Richard

A

Anonymous

I've noticed alot of visibile picture noise with the LG Plasmas even when showing high definition so i would reccommend going for the PX80 unless you are dead set on getting Full HD.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Panasonic no contest. Most forum users here prefer the Panas even to the multi-award winning Sony's, especially for watching SD on an HD ready/full HD panel

A

Anonymous

panasonic every time mate. easy to use, better pictures. the lg 3000!! we have loads coming back faulty, all something diffrent. i have the 37px80. bit of fine tuning with the THX disc and offf you go......

A

Anonymous

Get the Panasonic and u will be happy with its performance.

Regards Lino.

A

Anonymous

Thanks andy for your response, just one more question do you think the px 80 is the best chice against the LG PG 6000 which seems to get great reviews and some say out performs the panny on sd sources because of its ability to deinterlace film and video properly. on the edge to getting the panny just need that final push please advise.

Regards Richard, Thanks to everyone who answered my previous post

A

Anonymous

Haha, I know exactly what your'e going through! I spent ages comparing the px 80 to lcd sets and all other plasmas. I bought the panny about three months ago and I'm delighted with it. I'm now looking for a 32 inch so yesterday I went into curry's and all the panasonic 42 inch set were set up in a line with the remote's out as well, so i cheekily put them all on the settings i use at home to see how they compared. the diff between the px 80 (£630) and pz85 (950) was miniscule and related to a tiny increase in sharpness. The feed was HD. Stop agonizing pick the panny you won't be sorry. Howard.

A

Anonymous

Thanks to all posters for all your advice, big thanks to Howard who knocked the nail right on the head, I've gone for the px 80 and at £549 what a steal...

A

Anonymous

Hi,where did you get it for 549 please? Did you get a 5 year warranty with that?

A

Anonymous

Please forgive my ignorance... The Panasonic sounds great as I will start with Sky+ SD - but what does this 'not full HD' mean in practice? I want to get a Blu Ray player - will I get the full benefit? What about when/if I go to Sky HD? What will I get/miss? Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Hi

I got the tv from a company called Direct Tv's based in Huddersfield No 5 year warranty just the 12 months manufactures, but this a home based service, no returning faulty sets yourself.

I have heard that comet are open to nagotiation on price 599 on line but you might be able to haggle the price down in the shops, saving delay on delivery extra cost etc......

all the best

Richard

A

Anonymous

Richer Sounds - you will need to pick up in store though - comes with 5 year warranty - there is also this company who are doing it for £489 with 5 year if you pick up

http://www.royjowetthomecinema.co.uk/product/Panasonic-TH37PX80-PED-37-inch-Plasma-TV.html?osCsid=594e9cc3ce86d9116cc4218b99d9fe95

I am going to see if Richer Sounds will price match this on Friday.....

Would appreciate some pointers as to how the PX80 will perform with Blu Ray if anyone can help me.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi luke, as i understand it the differences of 1080p 1080i 720p largely depend on the size of your screen and viewing distance. the closer you sit the greater the need for 1080p and the bigger the screen likewise. However, sky hd doesn't transmit in 1080p anyway so in theory no benefit for having a 1080p Tv. Blu ray is 1080p and so difference may be more significant. The main factor though by far is how good a tv is irrespective of 1080p or not. The 42inch pioneers of last year weren't 1080p but according to the whf experts (and everyone else!) where streets ahead of all other sets with blu ray or sd. If you already have sky and can get your hands on an hd box cheaply it's a better picture than the standard box on sd (prob due to the hdmi lead instead of scart). Hope any of this helps.

A

Anonymous

luckyluke:

Would appreciate some pointers as to how the PX80 will perform with Blu Ray if anyone can help me.It is great. At this size, 1080p really doesnt make any difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts