lcd glow help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi all, sorry if this has been mentioned or asked before but, i have a panasonic tx37lzd70, and i have noticed recently that when black is the main coulour ( for instabce when ps3 starts up or is loading games) there is a noticebale white glow from bottom left corner, and less of a glow from bottom right, the tv is only 3 months old. should i be concerned by this, is it normal, or is it just the back light

thanks in advance

A

Anonymous

I have got the same thing on my TX37LXD70 and its only 2weeks old - there are other threads (within the last fortnight) on here with at least another 3 people who have the same issue on the same TV. When you search the net some people claim this normal on LCD TV's. One moderators elsewhere said "be prepared for a long search to find an LCD without some backlight bleed".

Mine seems to to all but dissapear within about an hour of the set being switched on and is only noticeable on a blank screen - I cant say it affects my viewing at all (even on dark films etc) but it is there on a blank screen (i.e. no input) and If I thought it was a genuine fault I would do something about it. Problem is that I have read lots of posts were people have exchanged TV's 5/6 times and still have the same issue.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="rch19754"]

Mine seems to to all but dissapear within about an hour of the set being switched on and is only noticeable on a blank screen - I cant say it affects my viewing at all (even on dark films etc) but it is there on a blank screen (i.e. no input) and If I thought it was a genuine fault I would do something about it.

[/quote]

That seems to sum it up nicely.

We test TVs on their performance with Freeview, DVDs, HD TV and HD discs - the only time a blank screen is examined is when switching sources/waiting for discs to load.

And yes, we would/do comment on what seems unreasonable amounts of backlight bleed from an LCD, but if it's not affecting the performance with TV or movies....

A

Anonymous

the problem is i can notice it, its very annoying, ill rind the deaer see what they say

A

Anonymous

the dealer is comming top pick the tv up on monday, he said he will want it for about a week while they repair it.

I didnt think you could really do a lot to repair these lcd tvs, if he agrees there is a fault i would be suprised if he can reapir it by just relpacing parts???

any thoughts

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts