Last great film you;ve seen?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The last film Ive seen that I thought wa truly brilliant was a German film called 'The Counterfeiters'. It is about the largest counterfeiting operation in history which was by the *** in 1936. Brilliantly written,acted and directed.

A

Anonymous

Dances with Wolves (4hr version) - I saw this again yesterday, and it really is a fantastic film. Whilst there are loads of very good films out there, only a few are truly great. I don't know what the last new(ish) great film I've seen is though. The most recent films I've seen at the cinema are Mesrine parts 1 & 2 and they were very good - but not 'Great'.

A

Anonymous

Only a couple of films from the last few years stick in my mind as truly exceptional, the much feted "The lives of others" ( the Nicolas Cage remake will obviously improve on this masterpiece ) and David Finchers " Zodiac" which comes of as if Coppola and Pakula made a film together at the peak of their powers, lets say 1975 ( before "event" / "rollercoaster" movies became the norm from the big studios )

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
although its not an all-time classic i watched 'into the wild' last night and i thought it was excellent. brilliantly acted, great cinematography and a great story - i'd recommend giving it a watch (its doing the rounds on sky movies at the mo)

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
bobbyg81: The last film Ive seen that I thought wa truly brilliant was a German film called 'The Counterfeiters'. It is about the largest counterfeiting operation in history which was by the *** in 1936. Brilliantly written,acted and directed.

I agree with Zodiac and Oldboy but I've seen other great films since I watched them. No Country For Old Men is probably the last great for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts