Excellent support from Panasonic

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've seen many complaints regarding poor after sales support from Panasonic and I thought it would only be fair that I share my experience.

First of all I had not realised my warranty was 6 years, and thought it was the usual 5 years and was because I registered my tv within 30 days of purchase.

over the past 10 years, ive purchased Panasonic plasma TVs from the Panasonic shop in Sheffield. I've had the odd issue and the shop was always very helpful on the phone if I had ant technical question or required help setting something up.

on Monday this week I contacted Panasonic via the number on my 6 year warranty card, to discus the loud fan noise on my plasma VT and they put me through to a Panasonic repairer in Sheffield. They guy on he phone was very helpful and booked to come out and have a look at my tv the following day. When he arrived he confirmed I require new fans in my VT and ordered the replacements and said he would let me know when the parts come in.

i received a phone call last night at around 8pm and he said he was in the area this morning, Saturday and would arrive before 10 am. He arrived and replaceed the noisy fans and has just left.

what a great, professional and speedy service. I'm really happy with the way they have dealt with my issue, I can't complain at all.

his dudeness

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Series1boy said:
I've seen many complaints regarding poor after sales support from Panasonic and I thought it would only be fair that I share my experience.

First of all I had not realised my warranty was 6 years, and thought it was the usual 5 years and was because I registered my tv within 30 days of purchase.

over the past 10 years, ive purchased Panasonic plasma TVs from the Panasonic shop in Sheffield. I've had the odd issue and the shop was always very helpful on the phone if I had ant technical question or required help setting something up.

on Monday this week I contacted Panasonic via the number on my 6 year warranty card, to discus the loud fan noise on my plasma VT and they put me through to a Panasonic repairer in Sheffield. They guy on he phone was very helpful and booked to come out and have a look at my tv the following day. When he arrived he confirmed I require new fans in my VT and ordered the replacements and said he would let me know when the parts come in.

i received a phone call last night at around 8pm and he said he was in the area this morning, Saturday and would arrive before 10 am. He arrived and replaceed the noisy fans and has just left.

what a great, professional and speedy service. I'm really happy with the way they have dealt with my issue, I can't complain at all.
nice change to hear someone praising customer service,especially panasonics.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
id be interested in knowing if you got a repair receipt showing the cost of the 'fix' for something that to be honest I believe was widely reported on these sets? I would be surprised if this fix cost more than £100 and this is where you start to get issues. Any that will cost them a large amount of money you have to really fight for. They seem to have a wide range of faults that full 'within specification'. I used to be a loyal Panasonic fan, but to be frank I've had such a bad experience with them I wouldn't even consider a set from them at the moment.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
rocketrazor said:
id be interested in knowing if you got a repair receipt showing the cost of the 'fix' for something that to be honest I believe was widely reported on these sets? I would be surprised if this fix cost more than £100 and this is where you start to get issues. Any that will cost them a large amount of money you have to really fight for. They seem to have a wide range of faults that full 'within specification'. I used to be a loyal Panasonic fan, but to be frank I've had such a bad experience with them I wouldn't even consider a set from them at the moment.

he made 2 visits plus the cost of the fans, so I would think it would have cost over £100.

I didn't speak to the shop or Panasonic regarding the detail of the fix. It was the Panasonic approved engineer that came out and approved the fix.

im fully aware of your issues with Panasonic and I feel for you. But I've never had an issue with their after sale support and as in my original post, I wanted to make people ware that pannasonic can be very helpful, albeit the Panasonic dealer in Sheffield.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts