Klipsch Support (headphones)

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried to get earpads for the Klipsch Image One headphone, and opened a support ticket. Today, they sent me an email asking if my address listed was correct. I replied YES. Then I got a rejection that their email was a "No Reply". So I called Klipsch support and waded through a hellish bunch of button pushes, many redundant, before I got a rep. I told her about the email, and she gave me a tongue-lashing about how stupid I was to try replying, instead of reading some very tiny print way at the bottom that said "no reply email". And then she hung up on me.
This was possibly the worst tech support I've ever called, rivaling the Apple supervisor who hung up on me after lying over and over again insisting that Apple does not force-download iOS updates (they do). So there you are - Klipsch - very hostile and arrogant support.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
dalethorn said:
I tried to get earpads for the Klipsch Image One headphone, and opened a support ticket. Today, they sent me an email asking if my address listed was correct. I replied YES. Then I got a rejection that their email was a "No Reply". So I called Klipsch support and waded through a hellish bunch of button pushes, many redundant, before I got a rep. I told her about the email, and she gave me a tongue-lashing about how stupid I was to try replying, instead of reading some very tiny print way at the bottom that said "no reply email". And then she hung up on me.

This was possibly the worst tech support I've ever called, rivaling the Apple supervisor who hung up on me after lying over and over again insisting that Apple does not force-download iOS updates (they do). So there you are - Klipsch - very hostile and arrogant support.

A lot of 'helpdesk' and call-centre type functions are now sub-contracted to prison workforces both in the USA and now the UK. It helps get around the problems of accents and dialects that frequently occur with Indian based call-centres (and it's cheaper of course).

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
bigboss said:
*dash1*

Didn't Klipsch support sort the issue over the phone?

They hung up on me when I explained that a personal email reply (the one they sent to me) does not need to be read top to bottom. Only the reply needs to be read.

Then after that, they sent a followup *form* by email, with a 'button' directing me to their website to fill out yet another ticket, and I filled out that ticket with the above complaint.

What the Klipsch rep did on the phone was abusive, exactly as Apple was abusive in lying right to my face in that support call. They will have to deal with the fallout from that abuse.

One principle I learned in managing a retail store was "The customer is almost always right", and so from that I don't assume that I'm always right as a customer. I proceed with caution.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
dalethorn said:
bigboss said:
*dash1*

They hung up on me when I explained that a personal email reply (the one they sent to me) does not need to be read top to bottom. Only the reply needs to be read.

Then after that, they sent a followup *form* by email, with a 'button' directing me to their website to fill out yet another ticket, and I filled out that ticket with the above complaint.

What the Klipsch rep did on the phone was abusive, exactly as Apple was abusive in lying right to my face in that support call. They will have to deal with the fallout from that abuse.

One principle I learned in managing a retail store was "The customer is almost always right", and so from that I don't assume that I'm always right as a customer. I proceed with caution.

I'm always very polite and very persistent and always thank the agent for their continuing 'patience' and always escalate - when necessary - to someone who has the requisite tools (outside phone line access, proper email as opposed to internal messaging, authority to make refunds etc.)

The second you get bent out of shape, you've lost the game. Getting your own back is a pyrrhic victory compared to getting what you need. (And may land you on a 'blacklist'.)

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
chebby said:
dalethorn said:
bigboss said:
*dash1*

I'm always very polite and very persistent and always thank the agent for their continuing 'patience' and always escalate - when necessary - to someone who has the requisite tools (outside phone line access, proper email as opposed to internal messaging, authority to make refunds etc.)

The second you get bent out of shape, you've lost the game. Getting your own back is a pyrrhic victory compared to getting what you need. (And may land you on a 'blacklist'.)

I know about blacklists, but I don't worry. I accumulate documentation, post reviews, schmooze, follow up. Frankly, if they don't mind losing lots(!) of business, then I don't mind helping steer it to their competitors.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts