KEF 3005SE & Denon AVR-1910 for £1179.99!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just bought the KEF 3005SE & Denon AVR-1910 for £1179.99 from SuperFi who price matched SevenOaks 40% Off Promotion.

Go SuperFi!!

Cant wait to pick it up now.

A

Anonymous

Bargain. 2 award winners for under £1200
emotion-2.gif
I have the same speakers and I love them. Not only do they sound excellent they look pretty good to. That Kef sub is also a bit of a beast
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

KCooperman - I bought the KEF 3005SE and Denon 1909 back in Dec 2008 and they have been a great combo. Everyone who comes around comments on the quality of the sound and says they are going to look into getting a proper surround sound set up. I assume you have sorted out speaker cable and stands (if necessary). You will thoroughly enjoy your purchases.

A

Anonymous

Opted for the QED Silver Aniversary XT Speaker cable with banana plugs and a Chord Crimson Sub Cable. Also picked up couple of QED Performance HDMI and the KEF Stands.

All in all just shy of £1600.

Thanks for the info, hopefully should be able to pick them up tomorrow. Cant wait to test them out now!!

By the way Jan, I also have the Sony W4500 TV and Sony BDP S360 too
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

KCooperman:

Opted for the QED Silver Aniversary XT Speaker cable with banana plugs and a Chord Crimson Sub Cable.

You'll struggle to get the XT cable through the stands. When I tried it ended up rubbing the outer casing of the cable off. It should just go through though (if you are careful and patient). Can The Kefs definitely take banana plugs? I use a bare wire connection on mine and haven't noticed any banana plug input sockets? Maybe you have to pull out the screw connection pit on them? Let me know how you get on if you wouldn't mind because I intend on using bananas if possible when I run my cabling behind a dunny wall.

A

Anonymous

The guys at SuperFi are going put the cable through the stands for me so they can fit the banana plugs, so hopefully wont be too much bother

They def can accept banana plugs, the guy recommended I got them fitted. Will find out for defo though when pick them up and let you know.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
The speaker cable goes through no problems. IMO DO NOT get banana plugs on the speaker end, just get them tinned, otherwise you will end up with a loop of excess speaker cable @ the speaker end above the stand. Only fit bananas on the amp end.

Same set up as what I have enjoy :)

A

Anonymous

True Blue:The KEFS cannot take banana plugs anyway, just checked mine

That's what I thought but to be honest I've never tried to fit any yet. Surely the sales guys wouldn't recommend the plugs if they can't go into the speakers? You would just take them straight back and demand a refund so why would they?
emotion-42.gif

Can anyone out there give a definitive yes or no to connecting bananas to the Kef 3005SE satellites?

A

Anonymous

DSC07258.jpg

DSC07259.jpg

DSC07260.jpg

its an easy mistake to make, the binding posts come with a small black pip in that needs to be removed with a small screw driver, the bannana plugs will slot right in no problem.

Im running QED Silver Anniversary XT for the front LCR, i got them terminated at the amp end and speaker end with Airlocs, for the rears im running QED Silver Micro terminated with Airlocs at the amp end. I ran these up the speaker stand and them terminated them myself with Van Den Hul screw on bannana plugs, the finish is nice and neat. QED Silver Anniversary XT will fit up the stand but i needed 2 x 10m runs so i kept the cost down with the Micro.

Great deal on the Kef / Denon by the way you will love them !!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jed C, you have put my mind at ease now
emotion-1.gif

Do you think its worth having them? Might just ask them to only put banana plugs on the receiver end if it a lot of hastle.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

KCooperman:

Thanks Jed C, you have put my mind at ease now
emotion-1.gif

Do you think its worth having them? Might just ask them to only put banana plugs on the receiver end if it a lot of hastle.

Cheers

I'd just get both ends done. Bare cable will oxidise after time and you will have to re-trim the cable. Now you have proved the Kefs take the bananas I'm off to get mine done!
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

KCooperman - that is a bit weird (in a good way) - exactly the same TV and Blu Ray too !!!! - you will have a really great set up which can highlight why Blu Ray is so great. Not that it makes any difference now, but, I also only have the Amp end with banana plugs and just cable wire into the speakers. Let me know how you get on in the next few days.

A

Anonymous

Still waiting for them to receive the speakers from supplier.

Hopefully should have them Monday....

..GOD I hate waiting!!

Just hope get them in time for christmas!!
emotion-2.gif

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
you will love them.the smoothness of the denon and the openess of the kefs will thrill with every movie you see

A

Anonymous

Quick question,
Will adding a stand alone cd player such as the Marantz CD6003 give a noticible improvement in listening to music instead of using my Sony BDP-360 with the Denon and KEF's?

I expect there to be an improvement but want to know if additional outlay is worth it? Anyone have similar setup?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Finally got everything last night. Spent just over an hour setting everything up.

Speaker cables go through the stand no problem and banana plugs fit like a charm once you remove the black caps.

Tested a few blu ray disks and am really impressed with the sound quality so far.. I Personally prefer the sound of DTS Master Audio then Dolby True HD as it sound more powerful and immersive.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase :)

A

Anonymous

Davee you said the Kef sub is a beast but I am struggling with the set up of mine I want to ask which set up you have. I am not satisfied with the bass sound and I do not know if it is the receiver Yamaha Dsp 863se or the sub can anyone help me please.

Yamaha DSP ax 863se, Panasonic BD50, Samsung PF50 96FD, QED Siver Anniversary XT, Qed HDMI and Qed Subwoofer cable.

A

Anonymous

I was suprised when I first listened to the sub, i too was expecting it to be more of a 'beast' after reading the comments on this thread. My set up is in my bedroom though so may be a good thing that it doesnt shake the floor too much!!

Personally I like the way it sounds, I was put off the B&W MT-25 due to the sub being to dominating.

You can increase the volume by flicking the switch underneath to +12DB (I Think) which made a noticible difference to my setup.

Alternatively there may be an option to increase the levels in your receiver setup.

Cheers

Kris

TRENDING THREADS