KEF 3005 SE & Sony 5300 ES

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
After reading this months awards issue I am contemplating upgrading my Kef 2005.1 speakers and Pioneer VSX-D2011 amp, with the KEF 3005SE and Sony 5300ES

Would this amp and speakers be a good match ?

Also anyone know where I can purchase the Kef speakers ? I got my last Kefs from Practical Hifi in Carlisle, but that seems to have closed since and the nearest Practical Hifi is in Warrington now :-(

Any advice / comments would be helpfull

Cheers

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
The Kef 3005SE's aren't available until next month some time (in black) and December for the silver versions. Have you looked on the Kef website for local dealers?

A

Anonymous

Thanks VoodooDoctor, wondered why I couldn't find anywhere that had them. What about the package though would they be a decent match ? Nearest dealer is 60miles away, could be worse I guess :)

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately, can't help with whether they would be any good with that amplifier. 60 miles is nothing! I drove 240 miles at the weekend to pick up a bargain pair of Monopulse speakers!

A

Anonymous

Cheers Voodoo

Just been reading another forum and someone already has the 3005 SE's, where did you read that they are not available till Nov ?

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
My dealer has been told by Kef that they won't be shipping until next month in order to clear their old stock. Can you post a link to that thread, would be interested to read some other people's first impressions.

A

Anonymous

Any comments / advice on the setup and the availability of the KEF 3005 SE's from Andrew or Clare ?

A

Anonymous

VoodooDoctor FYI, after phoning around this morning I have found a couple of shops in the north west that have the KEF 3005 SE's in stock. The store is practical hifi, if your intrested.

[quote user="VoodooDoctor"]My dealer has been told by Kef that they won't be shipping until next month in order to clear their old stock. Can you post a link to that thread, would be interested to read some other people's first impressions.[/quote]

A

Anonymous

It seems that I can get hold of the KEF's now but the Sony 5300ES is causing more probs, after speaking to the sony store they still have no release date / info, and it not showing on the sony website. Krishav have some in stock but after talking to them, they only have silver and from what I was told by sony they are only available in black and have been advised by them that the one I have been offered is probably a grey import. Arghhhhh

Andrew or Clare, where do whathifi get their samples ? are they imported or supplied by Sony uk ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts