just traded my meridian f80 in for seperates!

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hi guys, just arrived back from my local hi-fi store. i decided to trade in my meridian f80 for a proper seperates set up. my dealer first showed me the marantz cd 6002 with a rega brio3 with rega speakers, then he changed the speakers to b&w's 686's i think which to my ears didnt sound exciting enough. then he connnected in an arcam fmj cd17 which he said is the best cd player they do for the money and he upped the quality of speaker to the b&w 685's. i noticed a massive difference. anyway thats the system i eventually plumped for, including speaker cable my eventual outlay in total was £151. just like to know what you guys think of the sytem ive now traded in for? cheers.

John Duncan

Cool, glad it worked out better for you, I remember the original thread.

Just one thing as an aside - was at the Haymarket offices yesterday and there's a 'branding' video for WHF running in the foyer, and your and DistortedVision's names are on the front page of a video of the site - so you have gained infinite-loop posterity
emotion-2.gif

DistortedVision

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Cool man! I wonder if Clare can give me a copy to show my mum.

JohnDuncan:Cool, glad it worked out better for you, I remember the original thread. Just one thing as an aside - was at the Haymarket offices yesterday and there's a 'branding' video for WHF running in the foyer, and your and DistortedVision's names are on the front page of a video of the site - so you have gained infinite-loop posterity
emotion-2.gif

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I didn't realise fella. Good luck, the hifi obsession is obviously a positive. If you get it, please ensure that you tell John Dawson that he doesn't need a PR agency whilst I'm around.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
gooner26:hi guys, just arrived back from my local hi-fi store. i decided to trade in my meridian f80 for a proper seperates set up. my dealer first showed me the marantz cd 6002 with a rega brio3 with rega speakers, then he changed the speakers to b&w's 686's i think which to my ears didnt sound exciting enough. then he connnected in an arcam fmj cd17 which he said is the best cd player they do for the money and he upped the quality of speaker to the b&w 685's. i noticed a massive difference. anyway thats the system i eventually plumped for, including speaker cable my eventual outlay in total was £151. just like to know what you guys think of the sytem ive now traded in for? cheers.

I suspect this will be a massive improvement over the f80.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
im just waiting for the call from my dealer. everything should be ready to pick up late afternoon. cannot wait to set my new sytsem up, for me thats one of the most enjoyable parts of the whole hi-fi experience as crazy as that sounds!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts